Classy coaching. Patty Gasso, Oklahoma vs Texas game. Player hit in head.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
Skip to the 19:18 minute mark of this video. Very competitive game. Score is 3-3 with a runner on 1st, bottom of the 7th inning. Coach Patty Gasso holds the runner at 2nd base after the 3rd baseman gets hit in the head by a very hard hit ball. I believe the runner could have easily reached 3rd base after the 3rd baseman gets hit in the head by a one hopper. I am not sure too many coaches would have held the runner at 2nd base in this situation. I believe Coach Gasso was more concerned about the players health. (y)

Aug 1, 2019
MN
I agree with your take on Coach Gasso, but I'd like to think most coaches would do the same thing. Or if they did advance the runner in the heat of the moment, they would reflect later and decide they wouldn't do that again.

Jun 8, 2016
Based upon his comments earlier in the week, I don't think Mike White agrees with your take on her classiness... :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
I really like Gasso. She is what’s right with coaching.

You can have Mike White. While the former men’s fastpitch players are ga ga for him, and while he has tons of talent on his teams, his teams underperform and he and his team comes off as over rated spoiled brats.

Jan 22, 2011
Admire Mike White as a pitcher. Not so much as a coach or parent, but I am a Stanford fan. Always thought highly of Glasso.

Jun 8, 2016
What did Mike White have to say?

Isn't that the same guy who milked the clock in a game against Kentucky earlier this year?

He walked it back a few days later saying it was taken out of context..seems pretty clear what he was implying though 🤷🏽‍♂️

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal

He walked it back a few days later saying it was taken out of context..seems pretty clear what he was implying though 🤷🏽‍♂️

“They keep finding ways to reload and I’m not quite sure all of it is, you know. Whatever, I won’t say anymore,” White said.

Well Mike when you win 6 championships including 5 of the last 8 played it's funny how many high quality player want to come play for you. Doesn't hurt when the girls you recruit kind of know you're also going to be there the next 4 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
re.todd22