Battle of the Bats SB vs BB

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2023
As always discussion-based post.

If you want to talk about difficulty of hitting, college baseball and college softball would be a better comparison. The comparison to MLB would be Olympic softball....
✔️
👉Since Fastpitch hitting statistics have grown (as a direct result of changes in the game) would additionally have to compare what offensive advantages baseball has gained or not over the years.

Baseball pitching is so much more specialized than it was even 10-15 years ago. It's morphed to the point the old timers wouldn't recognize the game anymore. Couple that with the devaluing of the small ball game and strike out, it's not wonder averages are way down.
Plus fresh pitchers consistently entered into games. Even just to throw to particular batters.
✔️ strikeout rates have grown.

May 13, 2023
This is what stands out to me.
With all the discussion about allowing FP pitchers more freedom. 🦶🦶
And those that are upset about rules changing....

Bring out perspective of the offensive and defensive shift that has gone on in the fastpitch game.
Of which batting averages in Fastpitch used to be more in line with baseball.

Clearly there are a lot of posts where people are talking about the easy home runs now in fastpitch.

imo They're definitely is room for stronger pitching in FP.

Jun 8, 2016
This is what stands out to me.
With all the discussion about allowing FP pitchers more freedom. 🦶🦶
And those that are upset about rules changing....

Bring out perspective of the offensive and defensive shift that has gone on in the fastpitch game.
Of which batting averages in Fastpitch used to be more in line with baseball.

Clearly there are a lot of posts where people are talking about the easy home runs now in fastpitch.

imo They're definitely is room for stronger pitching in FP.
You just started another thread about the popularity of fastpitch....whatever changes have occurred seemed to have helped. That doesn't mean that there cannot be other things done that will help it further but don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

May 13, 2023
You just started another thread about the popularity of fastpitch....whatever changes have occurred seemed to have helped. That doesn't mean that there cannot be other things done that will help it further but don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
Absolutely! They made changes to help grow softball and it did!
Now they are making more changes to help the game!
imo with the pitching rule change they are balancing it out!

I do think that pitching will become a little better with more freedom. Based on Because I saw the cause and effect of what happened when it got restricted.

Jun 8, 2016
imo with the pitching rule change they are balancing it out!
1) They didn't do it for that reason
2) Why does it need to be balanced out? The teams with the best pitchers still usually win. What's the difference if the score is 8-5 or 2-1? I am going to be completely honest with you here Rad. This is where I think a bit of jealously or envy or something (maybe even just nostalgia) on your part comes in...

May 13, 2023
1) They didn't do it for that reason
2) Why does it need to be balanced out? The teams with the best pitchers still usually win. What's the difference if the score is 8-5 or 2-1? I am going to be completely honest with you here Rad. This is where I think a bit of jealously or envy or something on your part comes in...
Completely honest with you. This has nothing to do with me at all. This is directly about softball. Unlike you that needs to try and target people. Junk Behavior.
Your underlining comments and personality is worth ignoring more.

Jun 8, 2016
Completely honest with you. This has nothing to do with me at all.
Your underlining comments and personality is worth ignoring more.
You going to answer my question or just throw a fit? Giving me a (legitimate) reason will prove me wrong..(which I am fine with..)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles