Battle of the Bats SB vs BB

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 18, 2022
So this is not about bats but I actually had a death wish and caught my ds once over the summer so he could work on his slider and curve. The movement alone is insane compared to softball (and I’ve caught my dd for years). I can easily see why batting averages are lower in baseball based on the movement alone. Add in the speed and it’s not even close, IMO.

Btw, I lasted maybe 10 pitches and I was done. Once he threw a FB and popped a good number of blood vessels in my hand and fingers I couldn’t hang anymore.
I learned that lesson last year with my son, he doesn't throw that hard but he has some wicked movement. Couple of cutters off the shin and I'm out, my DD is going to catch him today for a bullpen that should be interesting.

May 27, 2013
I learned that lesson last year with my son, he doesn't throw that hard but he has some wicked movement. Couple of cutters off the shin and I'm out, my DD is going to catch him today for a bullpen that should be interesting.

Yup! Sad thing was I was trying to show up my dh since he refuses to catch for my ds. I’m like - it’s no big deal!!! Yeah - I was totally wrong on many levels!

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I catch my daughter a lot, and she throws 63-64. At 51 years-old, it's not as easy as it used to be. I always where full catcher's gear, and I use a baseball catcher's mitt. That being said, I would never get behind the plate for someone throwing a baseball 90+ MPH. I'd probably crap myself if I did.

May 13, 2023
I catch my daughter a lot, and she throws 63-64. At 51 years-old, it's not as easy as it used to be. I always where full catcher's gear,
Smart to wear gear. Hear too many injuries from Bullpen workouts.

and I use a baseball catcher's mitt. That being said, I would never get behind the plate for someone throwing a baseball 90+ MPH. I'd probably crap myself if I did.
Used to catch for Tom Thobe, Bullpen work.
My friend's brother. With a fielders glove.
LUV the pocket size!
Screenshot_20230818-105015_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles