Batting gloves

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 19, 2016
What has been everyone's experience with the best brand of batting gloves? We made the switch from Nike to UA this season because we couldnt find any youth Nikes In Royal Blue (my DDs favorite color) and cant be more disappointed. After half of a Spring season the UAs have blown out and are coming apart at the seems. So lets hear It, what Is the batting glove of choice for your DD? Anyone have any experience with the youth ones from Louisville Slugger?

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
I had used Easton products for a while and they would usually last me about a third to half a season. So, I had made the switch to Under Armour last season and I've had decent luck with them. I get about half a season out of a pair of their gloves. I usually replace batting gloves once they start getting ratty looking or has funk to the point Lysol and baby powder isn't cutting it anymore.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I know many wont believe me, but I use motocross gloves. They are a little more padded than some batting gloves but you will
NEVER find a more durable glove. I drop down on the knob, so my gloves do work hard and the only reason I throw any away
are because I use adhesive spray and after a while, buildup gets bad.
Plus, they come in tons of colors and designs. And certain sites always have clearance gloves and can get many choices for 10-15
bucks a pair.

May 19, 2016
I know many wont believe me, but I use motocross gloves. They are a little more padded than some batting gloves but you will
NEVER find a more durable glove. I drop down on the knob, so my gloves do work hard and the only reason I throw any away
are because I use adhesive spray and after a while, buildup gets bad.
Plus, they come in tons of colors and designs. And certain sites always have clearance gloves and can get many choices for 10-15
bucks a pair.

Thats actually a really great idea and makes sense. I imagine they even make them a lot more breathable than In the past as well. She had me order the Louisville Slugger Advanced Youth Design last night, so If they dont work out, motocross gloves will be our next experiment.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
Motocross gloves work very well, though they can be tough to size properly. My DDs have used mountain biking gloves in the past, which are more readily available in women's sizes than MX gloves. They can be found pretty cheaply as well, and are definitely tougher than regular batting gloves.

I saw a player on TV this weekend using Mechanix gloves, which I thought was a great idea as well. Those are very durable, water resistant, and have a thin palm and fingertips for better feel (if you don't like a thicker glove). They're also available at hardware and auto parts stores, which means easy replacement if needed on game day (no matter where you're playing). We'll probably give those a shot next.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
DD uses Easton Mako gloves - they run about $30. We buy them at Dick's (in the store not online) and buy the warranty for less than $5. They never last DD a full year without ripping a hole in the palm (she has a death grip on the bat) so we mail them back for $2 and get a brand new pair. So we get about 16 months worth of gloves for about $18.50 a pair....

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2015
I would never have thought to use motocross gloves. I'll have to pick up a pair when she wears out her batting gloves. Ours are just cheap Rawlings ones but she likes them.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I would never have thought to use motocross gloves. I'll have to pick up a pair when she wears out her batting gloves. Ours are just cheap Rawlings ones but she likes them.

You can find good deals online and they come in lots of colors which the girls seem to like. The styles and color combos change year to year, so I have found some great deals on closeouts. Check the sizing before you order.

Men's Dirt Bike & Motocross Gloves - Motorcycle Superstore

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi