Batting advice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Rear elbow seems to be coming in a bit tight to the body.

1zmcf0y.gif

May 3, 2014
Some can't see the basic sequence issue this hitter has.

Hands are dropping as the front foot is landing.

Learn to move the hands back and/or up as the front foot lands - this will create a stretch along the anterior side (belly) and posterior side (rear end) that will want to snap back to normal as she swings.

When you drop your hands as your front lands your front shoulder elevates too early and the side of your rib cage closest to the catcher scrunches too early. This leaves a hitter to use their shoulders and arms to get the barrel around.

Jun 19, 2014
Raleigh,NC
Thanks for the input. It is interesting to me that you pointed out her back arm coming in close to her body. Her batting was changed by a coach to keep her back arm tight to her body.

May 6, 2014
Low and outside
What I see is poor positioning relative to the ball. She is keeping her hands in tight to fight off an inside pitch, and her contact point is near the handle. You're not going to hit with any power if it's always an inside-out swing. Not sure that particular device is the best one for learning different contact points for inside and outside pitches.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
You're not going to hit with any power if it's always an inside-out swing.

That's certainly not true in softball. Where did you come up with that one?

BD

I found that comment odd as well.

It's not true in sports like golf either.

Sort of opened the door for advocating multiple swing options ... .... ... almost implying that you can view the path of the ball and then select a particular swing to attack with.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2013
I think she could just get the elbow in front of her hip a bit and keep from dropping her hands, she would be in much better position. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd