Bat waggle?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 8, 2021
Fresno, CA
Looks like a hitter. Hits like a hitter. Stops and pauses are killers in the swing but are what so many hitting 'instructors' teach via positions rather than movements. She's fine except for the battle she's hopefully NOT going to have to have with her high school coach. Good luck to her.
100% agree I have this talk with “hitting coaches” all the time. It’s about the movements and the actual swing, stop trying to change their pre-pitch movement, if they get ready to hit on time I don’t care if they have a leg kick or a small step. I don’t care if they have an open stance or normal stance, and I don’t care if they start with they feet wide or shoulder width. I’ve worked with a player who was a Mets fan and tried to emulate Curtis Granderson and I’ve worked with another player who tried to emulate Jose Bautista. Both were successful. I feel like many hitting coaches make unneeded tweaks like that just because they fell like they have to change something or they’re not doing their job.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Warren Spahn simply summarized "Hitting as timing, and pitching as the disruption of timing"
Never forget Anna's first pitching coach, she was 10. He simply asked her what was her job as a pitcher? She replied "to strike everyone out" with a snap in her voice! He calmly said nope, wrong! Your job is to disrupt timing!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdawson30