bat vibration?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2012
Is there a rule of thumb reason or set of reasons why this occurs? Does it suggest what the problem with the swing was in any way? Hitting end of the bat?

Thanks

May 11, 2009
For the most part I see this when the "sweet spot" is not hit by the ball either hitting on the handle or the knob. A great way to work on this is to work with wood bats in the off season. The sweet spot is much smaller then that of an aluminum bat and it teaches to get the ball to the sweet spot.
Hope this helps.

May 16, 2010
Is there a rule of thumb reason or set of reasons why this occurs? Does it suggest what the problem with the swing was in any way? Hitting end of the bat?

Thanks

Vibration occurs when you don't hit the ball on the "sweet spot" of the bat.

Oct 14, 2008
Some bats may advertise a 6 inch sweet spot but truth be told it is normally much smaller. Try this at home I use it with my students bats.

Take your bat and tie a string to the knob letting it hang freely take a small hammer and lightly start tapping it where the barrell starts to taper you will notice a certain and constant sound. As you tap closer to the mid way point of the bat you will notice a distinctive change in the sound ( less hollow is the best way to describe it ) Mark that area and contuie to tap until the sound changes back to the more hollow tone. Mark the ending area and you will have a very good idea of where the sweet spot is on the bat.

Take athletic tape. wrap the beginning and end areas with a stip of the tape. Now you have the visual ability to actually place sweet spot on the ball off the tee.

If it still Vibrates then her grip is either very messed up or her bat should be used as a tomato stake.

Tim

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13