Bat recommendations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
It's definitely time for a new bat.

My DD (12yo, 5'-4", 120+lbs) is currently swinging a 33/23 Demarini CF8. She's pretty strong, and hits for good power. She has recently transitioned from a 32/32 Miken Freak Black, which she still uses when she feel like she needs a little bit of extra quickness.

The "right" bat is largely about personal preference. For your DD, I would guess that a 32/21, 32/22 or 33/23 might be the "right" one.

Edited for Eric F.

Apr 28, 2016
Thanks, everyone. We went by a store that didn't have demo models but did have several bats she could hold and swing. She liked the feel of the Quatro 32/22 the best. (Then, we came home and watched the TN vs TX A&M game, and she was super happy to see EVERYONE swinging "her" bat. We did some front toss yesterday, and so far so good! I will say that I hit a few with the bat, and it "hits good" (in the words of my husband) ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Thanks, everyone. We went by a store that didn't have demo models but did have several bats she could hold and swing. She liked the feel of the Quatro 32/22 the best. (Then, we came home and watched the TN vs TX A&M game, and she was super happy to see EVERYONE swinging "her" bat. We did some front toss yesterday, and so far so good! I will say that I hit a few with the bat, and it "hits good" (in the words of my husband) ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That bat is a very good choice!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00