Bat recommendations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 15, 2015
WV
My daughter needs a new bat. She is 6 ft tall and about 200 lbs. She has wide shoulders and lots of upper body strength. I would like suggestions on length, weight, brand, type, etc. Thanks!

Oct 10, 2011
If she has good mechanics, have her try swinging the 34 -9 Mako. It takes longer to open up than the -10. It's also very stiff for a 2 piece bat. It will weigh in closer to a -8. She could also try the FX2 or other one piece bats but they aren't quite as hot in my opinion. DD prefers the-10 against the top pitchers which is closer to a drop 9 but cracked her 1st one after 6 months and got a warrantee replacement.
Your DD is just going to have to swing some different brands to see what she likes though.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Welcome to DFP jamlrt

If I had all that going on...6'/200, I'd get a lighter bat to make a .gif of her swing and sent it to the all the Bat companies. Let their engineers size you up. :cool:

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
What is she swinging now? Does she have some teammates with different model and size bats that she can try? What level ball does she play? What type of pitching is she facing? If she is playing B-level travel ball vs. 50 MPH pitching she can use a longer and heavier bat than she would against a 65 MPH A-level pitcher. My DD is 5'-10", 165 lbs and is pretty solid and she swings a 33/23 Xeno. I bought her a 33/24 Xeno, but she did not like it, so it is now collecting dust in our sports closet.

Oct 10, 2011
What is she swinging now? Does she have some teammates with different model and size bats that she can try? What level ball does she play? What type of pitching is she facing? If she is playing B-level travel ball vs. 50 MPH pitching she can use a longer and heavier bat than she would against a 65 MPH A-level pitcher. My DD is 5'-10", 165 lbs and is pretty solid and she swings a 33/23 Xeno. I bought her a 33/24 Xeno, but she did not like it, so it is now collecting dust in our sports closet.
I just put our 33/24 Xeno on Ebay. She wanted to try it but said its not for her.

Apr 1, 2010
DD's smaller than yours, but still a sturdy kid. She had been lent a 34/25 one-piece after her 33/24 of the same model broke. She liked it quite a bit and used it through our fall HS season, but I felt it was a little much against the faster pitchers. She's switched back to practicing with a Worth Sick 33/24 in the off-season and seems to be hitting very well in the cages (IMO better than with the 34"). Who can really say until you see how the bat does for a girl in game situations?

Maybe something in the 34/24 or 33/24 range? I'd have your DD try swinging anything she can get in her hands to narrow it down if possible. With her size, I'd tend to think a stiffer bat over one with more flex, but bats are such an individual thing.

We're a Worth team and they're good bats IMO. Just by going with what bats work well for large numbers of girls, I'd probably look at a LS Xeno or a DeMarini CF-whatever for her first and move on from there if she doesn't fall in love with one of those two.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simonet