Bat recommendation

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 11, 2013
DD is an '01 player around 5'3 around 115 lbs. Currently uses a CF6 32/21 and has since Jan 2014. I'm looking for a bat for the fall and into High School next year.

She is a lefty who rarely strikes out and can hit to all field with some pretty good pop. 2 HR over the fence 2 more in the park with good gap power. She isn't very fast so slapping is not an issue and almost always gets pitched away. I'm thinking of going with 33/23 for the next bat, but wanted to get some advice from the experts. She has hit with a Xeno (33/23) in practice and has hit some bombs.

does anyone have a good explanation at the difference in the Louisville bats xlt versus Xeno?

Any ides would be greatly appreciated.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
cant help you BUT I can say going from a 32/21 to a 33/23 is a BIG jump for a 5'-3", 115 lb player.
Also hitting in practice doesn't always translate to hitting in games. Were they trying to strike her out when she hit those bombs, or was it just BP?

I'm thinking she will be seeing stronger pitchers throwing faster and with more movement - so that would not be the time I would want to increase weight AND length of the bat (longer bat has more drag).

If she's already playing U16 or U18 and hitting well to all fields try using that Xeno in some games and see if it serves her well.

As a rule, I am leery of increasing more than 1 " OR 1 oz. at a time.

Good luck, finding the right bat is not easy!

Jun 11, 2013
Thanks. she is only 13 and still plays 14U. We jumped 2 ounces last year playing as a 12 year old at 14U A. My big thought is that at some point she needs to go to a drop 10 versus 11. I might be under on her size, but she is a strong kid. I don't think the extra weight will slow her swing down, but I fully understand where you are coming from. It would be much easier if it were not a 300 decision every time.

Jun 11, 2012
DD is a 2000 and is the same height as your DD but about 10 lbs lighter. She swings both a 33/23 LXT and 33/23 Xeno. The Lxt has a lighter, more balanced feeling swing.

It really depends on your DD and what she likes in a bat. My DD likes heavier bats and has since she was younger but many of her bigger friends like lighter bats than she does

Tom

Mar 13, 2014
Texas
My daughter is about the same size (and sounds like) speeds as yours. At younger ages (8-11) she loved the old Rocketechs, but had to stop using them due to playing primarily USSSA (didn't like the newer RT versions). She used the Xeno 32 -9 with success and thought the LXT felt too light. When she cracked Xeno this season she tried the new Miken Freak Black 32-10 I bought her going off the reviews I read on this site. This bat has been awesome so far! Has plenty of power and she says it has the same solid feel and fast swing speed of her old Rocketechs. This bat can be found for much less than the new Xenos as well.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom