Bat recommendation?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Definitely my opinion. If I had the time I would call to find out for sure for you. Adding 2 ounces to the end of a bat will change break in for sure. What is different from rolling? Rolling you are putting in a machine to compress the bat better than normal BP. Here, you are adding more weight to the very end of the bat, thus the bat will compress more at impact than it would without the weight. Sleeves lessen break in. Wiffle balls are nothing.

I didnt say this to start a new topic...haha, as there are probably plenty of illegal/legal threads here. I dont really care what people do to their bats.

I understand your point, but, given that you are considered knowledgeable in the sense that you make a living in part by selling bats, when you throw out your opions as fact without clarifying as such it can be misleading! Do you believe hitting w/ the weighted TCB balls makes is any different than rolling? And does that make a bat illegal?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I understand your point, but, given that you are considered knowledgeable in the sense that you make a living in part by selling bats, when you throw out your opions as fact without clarifying as such it can be misleading! Do you believe hitting w/ the weighted TCB balls makes is any different than rolling? And does that make a bat illegal?

I put a call in to make sure. But I still dont think you should stride to the plate with those pennies on it :)

And I wish I made a living selling bats...haha

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Can't wait for the answer! I need to know if all of those old water logged cage balls my daughter has hit is considered "altering" her bat. ;)

Pick up a stock -10 CF6 and a -10 CF6 Insane and wiggle them both around a little bit and swing 'em a few times. Then do the same with a -10 Xeno. IMHO, the Xeno "balances" somewhere between the two DeMarinis.

Taking that offer on a used Xeno might be just what the doctor ordered for your DD.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Pick up a stock -10 CF6 and a -10 CF6 Insane and wiggle them both around a little bit and swing 'em a few times. Then do the same with a -10 Xeno. IMHO, the Xeno "balances" somewhere between the two DeMarinis.

Taking that offer on a used Xeno might be just what the doctor ordered for your DD.

That price would be hard to turn down to be honest. As long as its not beat to all heck

Feb 7, 2013
Eric - you interested in a used 2013 30/21 Rocketech? You can take it off my hands for $75. I am close to you.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Eric - you interested in a used 2013 30/21 Rocketech? You can take it off my hands for $75. I am close to you.

I appreciate the offer, but a 21 is too much for my lean 9yo.

With the input here, I've re-thought my position on an end-weighted bat. For now, I'll just tape some pennies on the end of one of her 30/18s for some hitting drills, and see how she reacts.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
DD went from Synge to Xeno with hardly a ripple, fwiw.

Also have to say it's not just "solid" mechanics that might drive her to endload, but the type as well. DD is pretty purely rotational now and loves the FX1, when she was more hybrid and handsy, she wouldn't touch an endloaded bat.

Jun 24, 2011
That price would be hard to turn down to be honest. As long as its not beat to all heck

Lots of scratches, yeah. It's been used to hit, lol. Solid end cap and grip, no dents, no wobbles, no cracks, no rattles, plenty of pop. It's going on craigslist as soon as I'm done typing this - priced to move so I can get a new Xeno for my growing DD!

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Lots of scratches, yeah. It's been used to hit, lol. Solid end cap and grip, no dents, no wobbles, no cracks, no rattles, plenty of pop. It's going on craigslist as soon as I'm done typing this - priced to move so I can get a new Xeno for my growing DD!

Not a bad deal bro

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole