Bat recommendation?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 24, 2011
I've got a used 30/20 Xeno that I'm listing on craigslist for $100 tomorrow - I'll be in Claremont Monday and Tuesday night for practice if you want to check it out.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
DD has 2 bats, Easton CV12 30/20 which is slightly end loaded. The bat has a composit core with an aluminum sleeve. Her second bat is an Easton Synergy Speed 30/20 full composit. I found both bats online at a fraction of their suggested retail price. CV12 msrp was $179.99 I paid $40 with shipping. Synergy Speed msrp was $259.99, I paid $110 with shipping. There good deals online if your patient

Msrp should have nothing to do with price shopping. You should never pay anywhere near that no matter where you look. Eric has been on the board enough to know that...haha

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I have RT's in three lengths right now and each is more than 2 oz over sticker by 2-3 tenth's. FWIW, I dissected a damaged RT last year and was surprised by how little the endcap weighed. It really wasn't even 'loaded' or weighted, and there was no other source of weight added into the end of the bat. The solid metal knob, on the other hand, is quite heavy and contributes signifigantly to the scale weight of the bat. I found out other interesting bits about the old RT when I dismantled it into pieces, but back to topic...

Haha, I was trying to be nice about it :)

Btw, what you did to that Easton is technically illegal now to use. Not that I care or that anybody would ever know or could ever tell.

Jun 24, 2013
I would check the Xeno out. I now they have a bad reputation but DD outgrew her Xeno, it still has plenty of pop.

If you like it throw it in her bag for a year and let her play with it every once and a while.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I've got a used 30/20 Xeno that I'm listing on craigslist for $100 tomorrow - I'll be in Claremont Monday and Tuesday night for practice if you want to check it out.

It's tempting, but there's no way I can get to Claremont in the next few days. I appreciate the offer, though.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
LOL! :) How do you figure?

You changed the real weight to impact the balls. The bat wasnt designed with the extra weight on the end to hit the balls. You basically made the bat an extra endload and it broke in differently than the bat would have. It had more weight on contact which would made the walls flex more with the added 2 ounces in the end. ANY altering to the bat that changes the break in of normal use is illegal.
No difference than hitting a hard object (tree, pole) to get more flex in the walls or rolling. The bat broke in better. Everything is illegal anymore.

Like I said, I dont care either way and nobody would ever know...just letting you know so nobody walks into a tourny with pennies taped to the bat :)
Get them off the night before...haha

Last edited:

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
You changed the real weight to impact the balls. The bat wasnt designed with the extra weight on the end to hit the balls. You basically made the bat an extra endload and it broke in differently than the bat would have. It had more weight on contact which would made the walls flex more with the added 2 ounces in the end. ANY altering to the bat that changes the break in of normal use is illegal.
No difference than hitting a hard object (tree, pole) to get more flex in the walls or rolling. The bat broke in better. Everything is illegal anymore.

Like I said, I dont care either way and nobody would ever know...just letting you know so nobody walks into a tourny with pennies taped to the bat :)
Get them off the night before...haha

Please clarify whether this is your personal opinion or identify a reference or study to support this claim!!! Hitting TCB balls, wiffle balls, or using knob weights, or a BP practice sleeve are absolutely different than rolling to break in a bat better.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Please clarify whether this is your personal opinion or identify a reference or study to support this claim!!! Hitting TCB balls, wiffle balls, or using knob weights, or a BP practice sleeve are absolutely different than rolling to break in a bat better.

Definitely my opinion. If I had the time I would call to find out for sure for you. Adding 2 ounces to the end of a bat will change break in for sure. What is different from rolling? Rolling you are putting in a machine to compress the bat better than normal BP. Here, you are adding more weight to the very end of the bat, thus the bat will compress more at impact than it would without the weight. Sleeves lessen break in. Wiffle balls are nothing.

I didnt say this to start a new topic...haha, as there are probably plenty of illegal/legal threads here. I dont really care what people do to their bats.

Btw, I actually put a call in because I wanted to know for sure now...haha. I wouldnt be able to sleep at night if I didnt. I will know when my buddy gets back to me.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pfpsoftball1028