Bat questions?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 18, 2009
One piece or two piece?

What bat do you think is best out of the big brands?

My DD is very thin and doesn't seem to get as much pop on the ball as I would like her to. Lots of singles. Thinking a higher end bat might get her some doubles?

ArkFastpitch

Dont' I know you?
Sep 20, 2013
IMHO 2 piece ,either LS Xeno, Demarini CF 5-7, or Easton Mako. Those seem to be the big 3 right now. Some are also seeing success from the new Worth 2 legit but I haven't seen as much as I have on the previous 3. With the new 2015s out you should be able to to pick up a 2014 Xeno or a CF6 for less than $200 if you shop around.

May 18, 2009
How are the Dmarini Vendeta's? They are pretty cheap right now. Not sure how much pop they have compared to the cf5-7?

Feb 24, 2013
If your daughter plays 12u or higher I personally think you would be wasting your money on a Vendeta. With so many web sights that have dropped the prices on the CF5/6 and the Xenos you would be giving your daughter a great bat for just a tad more than a Vendeta.

May 18, 2009
If your daughter plays 12u or higher I personally think you would be wasting your money on a Vendeta. With so many web sights that have dropped the prices on the CF5/6 and the Xenos you would be giving your daughter a great bat for just a tad more than a Vendeta.

She's first year 10U, about 4-9 and maybe 70lbs. She swings a 30" bat now. Thinking of getting her a 31" and getting it broken in during the off season. The Vendetta has the biggest drop with a -12.5 and is about 80$ less than a CF6. I expect the next bat to last 2 years or so depending on how much she grows. I like the low weight due to her small frame.

Jul 11, 2014
I bought my daughter the new cf7 really changed the way my 7 year old hit the ball. Very hot bat out of the wrapper she was hitting with a 50 dollar composite glad I spent the money to upgrade.

May 23, 2012
Eastlake, OH
One piece or two piece?

What bat do you think is best out of the big brands?

My DD is very thin and doesn't seem to get as much pop on the ball as I would like her to. Lots of singles. Thinking a higher end bat might get her some doubles?

Lots of singles is not necessarily a bad thing and the bat alone is not the answer.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
She's first year 10U, about 4-9 and maybe 70lbs. She swings a 30" bat now. Thinking of getting her a 31" and getting it broken in during the off season. The Vendetta has the biggest drop with a -12.5 and is about 80$ less than a CF6. I expect the next bat to last 2 years or so depending on how much she grows. I like the low weight due to her small frame.

My DD (currenly 4'-9", 83 lbs) recently finished her first year of 10U with a 30/18 Vendetta and 30/18 Combat Lisa Fernandez in her bag for the Spring season. On the Vendetta, I give it a "meh". If it's about weight, minimal hand sting, and acceptable price tag, the Vendetta is a reasonable fit. That said, the Combat LF performed about the same (debateably better), and I paid less than $50 delivered. If best performance is on the priority list, the -11 Demarini CF5/6/7 would be my top recommendation.

At her age, expecting a bat to last 2 years is a mistake (IMO). It will either limit her now, or limit her later.

ArkFastpitch

Dont' I know you?
Sep 20, 2013
If you are looking for a good bat for a smaller hitter then its hard to beat the Demarini CF6 Sprite. Not sure I would be looking at a 31" bat just yet. If she can handle the weight, I would stick with something in a -10. If not, I would definitely look into the CF6 Sprite. It comes in a -11. Just suggestions though. My DD is 5' 1 and swings a 30/20 CF6 but every kid is different.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole