bat question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 19, 2010
My 14 year old daughter has a 10 rockettech 33" -9 drop and it seems to heavy for her to get around fast enough, she is 5'5" 140ibs, our hs has a miken rain light -12 drop she loves it and has been putting the ball out to left center with it, her travel ball coach says he thinks that a -12 drop is to light that we should get a -10 or -11, any opinions?

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
The RT is endloaded and requires fundamentally sound swing mechanics. A -12 for her sounds pretty light and though now effective, may be covering up some swing flaws. I'd first want to make sure her swing is solid. Based on her size, a balanced -10 seems about right, and wouldn't be too heavy to use if there are any swing issues that need to be corrected.

GM

Feb 14, 2010
I just bought my DD the same RT and she loves it. The one thing I have noticed is that she get's tired alot quicker swinging it and then her fundamentals start to fall apart so we stop at the first sign. Her old bat was a 08 Stealth 32-22, so she made a huge jump in length and weight, not to mention the weight placement.

There is no way she could've swung the RT even 4 months ago with her old mechanics. She stays connected and there is no drag whatsoever. We have our first tournament this weekend so we will know more after that.