bat question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 19, 2010
My 14 year old daughter has a 10 rockettech 33" -9 drop and it seems to heavy for her to get around fast enough, she is 5'5" 140ibs, our hs has a miken rain light -12 drop she loves it and has been putting the ball out to left center with it, her travel ball coach says he thinks that a -12 drop is to light that we should get a -10 or -11, any opinions?

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
The RT is endloaded and requires fundamentally sound swing mechanics. A -12 for her sounds pretty light and though now effective, may be covering up some swing flaws. I'd first want to make sure her swing is solid. Based on her size, a balanced -10 seems about right, and wouldn't be too heavy to use if there are any swing issues that need to be corrected.

GM

Feb 14, 2010
I just bought my DD the same RT and she loves it. The one thing I have noticed is that she get's tired alot quicker swinging it and then her fundamentals start to fall apart so we stop at the first sign. Her old bat was a 08 Stealth 32-22, so she made a huge jump in length and weight, not to mention the weight placement.

There is no way she could've swung the RT even 4 months ago with her old mechanics. She stays connected and there is no drag whatsoever. We have our first tournament this weekend so we will know more after that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misscoug