Bat path help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 21, 2012
Bath path Help

http://youtu.be/hgHT5cU4t-0

Daughter been fighting swinging down to the ball. Has gotten better, but still swings down to ball. Hoping for suggestions for a better bat path to the ball. From coaches eye I've noticed her bat laid down behind head. Probably needs to be more up right. But before swing her back elbow looks to be cocked in a bad position. I've heard both arguments about back elbow up or down, but I believe it should be more up than it was here.

I'm really working on bat path now, so never mind the bug squish for now. That's another battle. Help with bat path to the ball is primary goal for now.

Thanks for all suggestions
Chad

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
You are right in what you see. Bat needs to be taller when the swing starts. She can leave it there, but it needs to stand up during the sequence. Or just start with a taller bat
Also the elbows can rest on the table top or be level is one way.
Another way would be for her to reverse elbow height from what she currently has.. The back just a tad higher than the front, but still maintain the roof of the house.

Straightleg

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
1zn66hv.gif

Your DD is young. I would be working on the whole hitting sequence. Looks like your DD is in the 'pre-loaded' position but, gets a little 'load' by raising hands. That will help with her barrel path and bat speed.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd