Bat Jack: soft or hard?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 11, 2009
SBFAMILY - I have been to one of Howard and Crystl's clinics and I wish I was close enough to get my DD's to Howard a lot. I have one DD that wears Turbo Slots and even though we have worked hard on the grip she still cheats from time to time. Same with my older DD she to has the grip down pretty good but the Bat Jack just seems to be something that will reinforce the grip at all times. I believe that anything to take the brain out of the equation is a good thing and the Bat Jack seems to fit that bill for the grip.
Good work Jim!!
Thanks
MK

Jul 25, 2011
Southern Illinois
I just ordered the combo pack for my dd(8yoa). if it really does what it says it does I think they are well priced. I blow more than that at convenience stores during a week.
When players use these in practice do they have any trouble not useing them. My plan is to have her use it during practice but not games. I know it's prolly legal but I don't like the idea of useing it during a game( not saying any thing bad about those who do).

Jim

Apr 24, 2011
Ohio
I just ordered the combo pack for my dd(8yoa). if it really does what it says it does I think they are well priced. I blow more than that at convenience stores during a week.
When players use these in practice do they have any trouble not useing them. My plan is to have her use it during practice but not games. I know it's prolly legal but I don't like the idea of useing it during a game( not saying any thing bad about those who do).

Thank you very much for your purchase and support. The way you are planning to use The Bat Jack is the original way it was intended to be used.

We are very excited and humbled that there are players out there that feel so confident in our product that they actually bring it with them into the batter's box during their game at bats.

Thank you to all of you that have seen and or felt the benefits to using the Bat Jack and who have expressed those thoughts in this forum. :)

Jim

Apr 24, 2011
Ohio
SBFAMILY - I have been to one of Howard and Crystl's clinics and I wish I was close enough to get my DD's to Howard a lot. I have one DD that wears Turbo Slots and even though we have worked hard on the grip she still cheats from time to time. Same with my older DD she to has the grip down pretty good but the Bat Jack just seems to be something that will reinforce the grip at all times. I believe that anything to take the brain out of the equation is a good thing and the Bat Jack seems to fit that bill for the grip.
Good work Jim!!
Thanks
MK

Thank you for your support and kind words. Good luck the rest of the season! :)

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Bat Jack came in mail yesterday.I couldn't wait for my DD to use it.Off to the batting cages after work and school.I was live pitching to my DD,it seemed and sounded like she was hitting the ball harder.So much so that I was scared ( needed a dog).I normally pitch from a distance of about 30' but I had to move back to about 40'.DD has

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Turbo Slot gloves but with the Bat Jack I know she isn't cheating with the bat further in the back of the hand.It keeps it up in the fingers.Sat.we will go out to a softball field and see if she is hitting ball further like I think she should be by the sound the bat was making.Bat Jack $19.95,Daddy scared priceless...DD got a big laugh from me ducking and jumping.

Jul 25, 2011
Southern Illinois
I received my bat jacks yesterday as well. Very prompt Jim, thank you!
I ordered the combo pack(1 hard-1 soft). The difference between the two is very minute. The hard one does seem a little stiffer but not by much. that is not a complaint, just an observation.
I am no hitting expert but if the grip this promotes is the way a bat is really supposed to be held this aid is perfect. We only had time for a few swings but dd said it was really comfortable. Different, but comfortable. We are leaving for vacation today but I am super excited about this.

Jim

Apr 24, 2011
Ohio
I received my bat jacks yesterday as well. Very prompt Jim, thank you!
I ordered the combo pack(1 hard-1 soft). The difference between the two is very minute. The hard one does seem a little stiffer but not by much. that is not a complaint, just an observation.
I am no hitting expert but if the grip this promotes is the way a bat is really supposed to be held this aid is perfect. We only had time for a few swings but dd said it was really comfortable. Different, but comfortable. We are leaving for vacation today but I am super excited about this.

Thank you, we love the feedback! Good luck the rest of the season :)

May 5, 2008
If you use it properly, firm or soft doesnʻt matter too much.

IMHO soft would give you some feedback - if you can feel that itʻs moving because youʻre tugging on it, youʻre doing it wrong. Firm jack may not give you that feedback. Either way, youʻre not supposed to be yanking on that trigger no matter how old you are. So you shouldnʻt "need" a firm one because players are older or stronger. Itʻs not to pull on.

At least not the way Crystl Bustos explained itʻs use which makes lots of sense to me. Pics on the website donʻt even show it properly.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00