Bat Jack: soft or hard?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jim

Apr 24, 2011
Ohio
I received my bat jacks yesterday as well. Very prompt Jim, thank you!
I ordered the combo pack(1 hard-1 soft). The difference between the two is very minute. The hard one does seem a little stiffer but not by much. that is not a complaint, just an observation.
I am no hitting expert but if the grip this promotes is the way a bat is really supposed to be held this aid is perfect. We only had time for a few swings but dd said it was really comfortable. Different, but comfortable. We are leaving for vacation today but I am super excited about this.

Thank you, we love the feedback! Good luck the rest of the season :)

May 5, 2008
If you use it properly, firm or soft doesnʻt matter too much.

IMHO soft would give you some feedback - if you can feel that itʻs moving because youʻre tugging on it, youʻre doing it wrong. Firm jack may not give you that feedback. Either way, youʻre not supposed to be yanking on that trigger no matter how old you are. So you shouldnʻt "need" a firm one because players are older or stronger. Itʻs not to pull on.

At least not the way Crystl Bustos explained itʻs use which makes lots of sense to me. Pics on the website donʻt even show it properly.

Jim

Apr 24, 2011
Ohio
The "firm/soft" option is simply personal preference for the feel and sensation of the product. There are older players that prefer the "soft" version and we have younger players that prefer the "firm". You are right in stating that the hitter should not tug or yank on the trigger in the grip. The Bat Jack simply aligns the grip and engages the middle, ring, and pinky fingers properly in the grip. Each hitter will feel their own feedback that helps them to properly align their grip.

The pics on the website show an example of how a grip may look while using The Bat Jack. There may be slight variations given the uniqueness of each players hand size and shape. One of the best aspects of The Bat Jack is it's ability to be used in various ways to promote a feel and alignment of the grip on the bat.

Look for the Crystl Bustos edition, "Lime Green" Bat Jacks! Coming Soon!

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2011
Silicon Valley, CA
In case others are interested ... PROHITTER.

13357_w.jpg

Do you or anyone have opinions on Prohitter versus Bat Jack?

And BTW is the Bat Jack still sold?

Last edited:

ian

Jun 11, 2015

Ive always wondered what those prohitters are for. I think they keep the bat in the finger tips of the top hand. Maybe help as a reminder not to roll over?

Oct 10, 2011

I'll send you a bat jack if you want that was used a couple times. $10.00 shipped

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR

You'll see the Prohitter used live during many minor league games. Have never seen the bat jack used live in this manner.

A positive with the back jack is that it helps a hitter learn not to place tension on the handle with the index finger ... which is a poison-like flaw.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802