Bat Jack: soft or hard?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jim

Apr 24, 2011
Ohio
Just an opinion ... but I personally wouldn't become dependent on such a gadget, but instead use it to learn how to properly grip the handle with the fingers. Once you 'feel' it, and learn the value of how the fingers control the barrel, then you can pretty much go without it.

How do you feel about Major League players using the Direct Protect?

Jim

Apr 24, 2011
Ohio
Would you advise a Major League player not to use the Direct Protect "gadget" in games? Have you ever used a Bat Jack?

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
In case others are interested ... PROHITTER.

13357_w.jpg

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
Have had a pair of Turbo Slot gloves I keep with the rest of my gadgets. My issue with them , most kids don't use them correctly and never read the directions. They rest the bat in the pad, instead of pinching the finger and thumb. Also have used the pony tail holder attached to the first finger under the glove , to get the kid to feel where the bat should be in the fingers. Every gadget they can still cheat moving the fingers during the swing. You see this when they are up to bat and start moving the fingers. The Bat Jack keeps the grip correct thru the swing and you cannot cheat. This like any device just forces them to use the correct grip and when it becomes a habit, they won't need it. I have 6 of them and about 1/2 the team wants them on the bat when they are in a game. Kids are kind of funny about what makes them feel good. Like what bat they like , just boils down to what makes them feel good, it could be nothing more than the color.

Jim when will the new green and black come out? I will have to buy one so CB doesn't shot me.

Last edited:

Jim

Apr 24, 2011
Ohio
Have had a pair of Turbo Slot gloves I keep with the rest of my gadgets. My issue with them , most kids don't use them correctly and never read the directions. They rest the bat in the pad, instead of pinching the finger and thumb. Also have used the pony tail holder attached to the first finger under the glove , to get the kid to feel where the bat should be in the fingers. Every gadget they can still cheat moving the fingers during the swing. You see this when they are up to bat and start moving the fingers. The Bat Jack keeps the grip correct thru the swing and you cannot cheat. This like any device just forces them to use the correct grip and when it becomes a habit, they won't need it. I have 6 of them and about 1/2 the team wants them on the bat when they are in a game. Kids are kind of funny about what makes them feel good. Like what bat they like , just boils down to what makes them feel good, it could be nothing more than the color.

Jim when will the new green and black come out? I will have to buy one so CB doesn't shot me.

It is funny how the color of a bat or batting glove makes the girls feel confident :)

The lime green and black Crystl Bustos Edition Bat Jacks will be available November of this year.

Thanks and Good Luck the rest of the season!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad