Bat for 6 ft. tall 11 YO.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
She is a lanky beginner, but not a bean pole.

She is currently using a 33 inch 21 ounce aluminum bat that looks too small for her. The only bat I had with me was my 32 inch, 22 ounce Catalyst, but she said that it felt good.

I can let her borrow that one, but I told her that I would bring her my DDs old bats, because they are 34 inch bats. One is a Demarini EVO and another is a Rawlings Liquid Plasma. Both are double walled and fairly well end loaded. (I am not certain on that.) I imagine that they are 24 or 23 ounces.

Do you think that it would be OK, to encourage her to use the correct bat whatever that may be, prior to the first game of the state tournament? Also, if she does get ahold of a ball, she could hurt someone.

She currently is batting about .100, anyway.

On a side note - I would love to be able to teach her to pitch. :) Amy

Feb 14, 2010
Does she play any other sports? Just my opinion but unless she does turn to pitching it seems very plausible to me that she might grow out of this sport.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
What are y'all feeding these girls? I keep seeing all of these posts about mega tall girls playing softball... we ain't got any of that down here!

I'd definitely suggest for her to pitch, I bet she'd be stellar if she worked at it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
br_pickoff