Bat for 12U DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 6, 2011
Hello,
I am looking for advice on getting a new bat for my daughter. She is about 4' 9" and 120lbs. She currently has a CF4 bat but I think it is losing its pop. It seems that when we are doing BP or live hitting the bat has now started to hurt her hand like it is dead when she contacts the ball. Maybe it is not the bat but any help would be great. Also what are the hot bats on the market today. Thanks in advance for the help.

Apr 9, 2012
My daughter is the same age/size and swings a 30/20 Zeno. Loves it and does well with it. It never stings her hands and definitely is a Hot bat.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
It is the grip not the bat. We have bats over 5 years old and none have lost the so called pop. The older bats are hotter than the newer bats, because of exit speed. Why many are buying the older models, till they won't let us.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
From everything I've read and have learned first hand from trying them through DD, these are the hottest bats by manufacturer,
Anderson..either a Rocketech FP-9 or a Nanotech. Demarini...either a CF4 Insane or a CF5 Insane/Hope. Easton...Stealth. Lousville Slugger...Xeno. Miken...Freak. It all depends on whether you want end-loaded or a balanced bat so there are a mix of both in this list. My DD plays with the Anderson FP-9 and the Demarini CF4 Insane. They are both end-loaded bats and she loves them both. As far as the CF4 stinging your DD's hands, it's definitely cracked somewhere. Get rid of it and buy new. I think my DD will end up with the Miken Freak next:)

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2011
From everything I've read and have learned first hand from trying them through DD, these are the hottest bats by manufacturer,
Anderson..either a Rocketech FP-9 or a Nanotech. Demarini...either a CF4 Insane or a CF5 Insane/Hope. Easton...Stealth. Lousville Slugger...Xeno. Miken...Freak. It all depends on whether you want end-loaded or a balanced bat so there are a mix of both in this list. My DD plays with the Anderson FP-9 and the Demarini CF4 Insane. They are both end-loaded bats and she loves them both. As far as the CF4 stinging your DD's hands, it's definitely cracked somewhere. Get rid of it and buy new. I think my DD will end up with the Miken Freak next:)
If anybody cares...
Daughter got her Miken Freak today and we took it out to compare with the CF5. The CF5 has about 150 hits on it so far and both are 33/23. It was getting dark so we got about 20 balls hit on the CF5 and then moved to the Freak but left after 10 hits because they started closing the park gates. The ball hit the farthest in our quick test was by the CF5, but the next 3 were by the Freak. She liked the feel of the Freak better when she connected with the ball and likes the looks a lot more. Anyway, they both seem like really hot bats out of the wrapper.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
The CF4 Insane is the worst bat on the planet. ( maybe we got a lemon ) :)

Anderson has never let us down, 2006-2012. Great bat out of the wrapper. If she can use an end load, that's the best option. The 2012 RT seems to me a much better version than the 2011. DD is knocking the stink off the ball.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
GOINGDEEP....DD got a 2012 Rt as well. As I said before, she loved it the for the very short time she used it. We took it to our old rec league's indoor batting/pitching tunnels and did side toss, front toss and tee work. The tunnels are kept at 65 degrees so I thought it wouldn't be an issue. After 2 separate sessions in the first week, I had to send it back to Anderson. DD had flattened it along one side, deeply dented the barrel in several other places and cracked the metal in a couple of places along those dents. Anderson took care of it and sent a new one which we just got back but I'm almost afraid to let her use it...LOL. On the other hand, her CF4 is still going strong after 6 months of the same thing. This is DD's second one so I already know that it won't last more than a year. The way she grows though, I've had to buy her a new one each year anyways.

I'm not trying to argue with anyone, I'm just pointing out the fact that you can always find someone who has had problems with any one of the numerous bats out there. For example, there is a friend of mine whose DD hits the ball almost as hard as mine does. He swears by the Easton Stealth. Unfortunately, he had to buy 3 in a 5 week period so he could keep one in his DD's hands while the other 2 were going through the warranty process.

Last edited:

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Wow! I am not sure what impresses me more....your 4'9" dd's go to bats are 23oz, she flattened a new rockettech, or the number of bats you've bought. I am saving this post for when dw yells at me on next bat purchase.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs