Bat big end weight data

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 26, 2019
We helped get a Ghost returned to Easton that was 2 ounces above advertised. We've recorded swing data the past 3 years with Blast. One ounce of bat weight can lower hand speed 1-2 mph depending on age and strength of batter. It was a bit of a hassle until you have proven data.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Insanes never really had big endloads anyway...they were more end heavy than a CF but not much. The CF line was so balanced
that it just felt like an end load to some people. But nowhere near a real endloaded bat.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Pretty sure what he is saying is if you had a 32 inch bat, that 65% of the weight of the bat would be in the barrel's 16 inch side. How he does it. I dont know.

Doesn't the balance point of the bat give you an idea if it is end loaded. So a balance point the farther out on the bat would indicate more end load?? I am sooo confused.

Surprised at the Quattro's. I would think the drop 9 would be more end loaded than the drop 10.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
pretty sure what he is saying is if you had a 32 inch bat, that 65% of the weight of the bat would be in the barrel's 16 inch side.

Doesn't the balance point of the bat give you an idea if it is end loaded. So a balance point the farther out on the bat would indicate more end load?? I am sooo confused.
Mass distribution and center of mass (balance point) are not the same.

Dec 26, 2019
I have no idea how the manufacturers determine "end load". My numbers are only the big and small end weights. Are they "exact"? Nope. I'd say within .1 of an ounce.

Aug 8, 2016
It sounds a bit like the swing weight concept for golf clubs. You use a scale like this:

240806.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles