Baseball vs softball hitting

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2008
I have overheard him say little snide comments to parents about "who would you believe, those that read something in a book, or those that have actually done it"? .

He hasn't done it. The girls in that link I gave have done it. Tell him you are going to copy the best hitters in the world...period.

May 7, 2008
DFW
Dark ages.

There are still plenty of coaches out there who are teaching old school swing mechanics and Charlie Lau's style of hitting. You will be hard pressed to open their eyes and change their opinion.

Eventually what they will figure out is that their teams cant hit with the better teams in the area who do use methods being discussed here and at other venues across the county. I am as guilty as any as that is what I was taught and did teach. But after watching my teams get drilled by girls half the size of mine when I was coaching you have to as a coach ask yourself WHY?

Then you figure it out but only if you keep the mind open.

Dana

Feb 8, 2009
There are still plenty of coaches out there who are teaching old school swing mechanics and Charlie Lau's style of hitting. You will be hard pressed to open their eyes and change their opinion.

Eventually what they will figure out is that their teams cant hit with the better teams in the area who do use methods being discussed here and at other venues across the county. I am as guilty as any as that is what I was taught and did teach. But after watching my teams get drilled by girls half the size of mine when I was coaching you have to as a coach ask yourself WHY?

Then you figure it out but only if you keep the mind open.

Dana

Unfortunately, open minds are as rare as Crystal Bustos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877