Barrel Turning

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

R

RayR

This is not a real hard idea to grasp...the Iron Byron "releases" because it is a machine using a free hinge on a fixed path...holding the hinge angle for a human is a complex thing (IE - holding too long or altering the barrel path)....learning to turn the barrel is no more than releasing right away (which is the opposite of holding)...releasing during rotation is just allowing the barrel to keep up...and sending the barrel into the ball path....

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
This where I have trouble with 'turning the barrel'. This seems to imply that one must use a torquing action with hands or the barrel will not be released in time for contact. I understand that at the very start of the swing one must apply pressure with the hands to keep the bat from wrapping but after that I am not sure it's necessary.

R

RayR

Close...at least by my definition...I don't want pressure to hold the hinge as this either straightens the front arm too much or creates a box that over rotates....getting the barrel in motion into the correct plane as the hands make a move also keeps casting to a minimum....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyGoneWild