Bad Coach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 26, 2016
So Coaches if you had a Head coach not acknowledging one of his best top 3 players in every way shape or form softball related or not But acknowledges every other player on the team what do you think.

No parent problems No player problems but keeps getting shirt on by the coach

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
What makes her a top best 3 player?

HS ball? TB?

Keeps getting sh!t on? How?

Too many questions with no answers. The first thought that came to my mind was if the only one who seems to see it is you, then the problem may well be you. Not saying this is the case but you never know.

The only advice I can offer would be to start a rumor saying you're leaving the team. If the coach doesn't seem to care, then you know the HC doesn't feel she's a top 3 player like you do.

Last edited:

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
So Coaches if you had a Head coach not acknowledging one of his best top 3 players in every way shape or form softball related or not But acknowledges every other player on the team what do you think.

I don't understand. Your post is confusing. Are you the parent? If so, there is a parent problem in that you are upset with the coach. That most likely means that the player is also upset. If so, find another team.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
What does acknowledging mean? I know what the word means but what does it mean in your reference to it?

Sh-t on? How.
What age?

No player problem?
That you see. Just saying, looking from the outside or looking from the inside?

The post is too vague. 🤷‍♀️ there are always details. If you don't see the details then something is being missed.

Last edited:
May 27, 2013
Are we talking HS age and HS ball? And yes, need to know what acknowledgment means. Like write-ups in the local paper? Shout outs on social media? Saying “nice job” in post game conference? Is she being blamed for errors or losses? And is your dd complaining about this or is it what you are observing?

If HS age and your dd is the one upset, she needs to speak up to the coach. I would not step in unless your dd agrees that you should.

Oct 10, 2018
Ditto the above about needing more info but my DD was in a similar boat - after 2 years her TB coach decided she didn't like DD despite her excellent glove, good hitting and kind demeanor. Coach became meaner and crueler to her over a summer season - would single her out after every game, in front of the whole team, for the smallest thing while game losing errors went unmentioned... We still don't know what happened but after that summer she left and lucky her found a better team with MUCH better training.

If you feel she's not being mistreated (different from just not getting accolades), find a new team. Unless it's HS then you always have the option of not playing. A pitcher on DD's team doesn't play for the HS for various reasons and it's really no big deal. She takes pitching lessons and hits in the cage and rests her arm to prep for summer.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad