Back Hand Not Flat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 21, 2010
Wellphyt, she hasn't hit off a machine for about a month. She has hit alot off a machine prior to her break. I'm trying to pitch to her more, but have a tough time throwing strikes! DD might like throwing her bat--is this a done with both hands like she is swinging at the plate?

We went to a field yesterday with our T and a bucket of about 30 balls. She did the drill abbygale suggested. Four buckets. We will keep at it.

Jan 14, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
Wellphyt, she hasn't hit off a machine for about a month. She has hit alot off a machine prior to her break. I'm trying to pitch to her more, but have a tough time throwing strikes! DD might like throwing her bat--is this a done with both hands like she is swinging at the plate?

We went to a field yesterday with our T and a bucket of about 30 balls. She did the drill abbygale suggested. Four buckets. We will keep at it.

Yes, the bat is thrown with two hands. When we do it we use an old bat that my daughter used in peewee. I would try and do as much hitting as possible against live pitching rather than machines.

Apr 5, 2009
NE Kansas
One other quick thing. Make sure she hasn't let her index fingers/thumbs get involved in the grip again. Kids revert quickly without thinking and aren't even aware of doing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes