Baby steps

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 9, 2014
Umatilla, Florida
My dd is working on her forward lean in the beginning of her pitch getting her back leg in the correct position. I think she's made some small progress? What do you guys think? (I see the excessive bend in her arm but choosing to ignore at this time focusing on lean and overlap.)

https://vimeo.com/145642188

Jun 7, 2013
I think that she needs a little more bend in her knee which would give her more power (more "jump"). Also, she appears to be closing early which might be mitigated by the knee "correction".

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Its ironic how you as her mom have encouraged her to play in the road!!!

Seriously, she looks strong and has wonderful resistance. However, she really needs something to drive off of to get a true analysis. In the video she looks like her drive mechanics are poor, but it's probably because of the lack of a rubber. I'd recommend studying pages 14-17 of the drive mechanics thread. Watch them with her as she studies video of herself and videos of elite level pitchers she's trying to emulate. Secondly, pay attention to when her right foot looses contact with the rubber, as this will tell you what kind of drive she's getting. The approximate goal is for the toes to loose contact as both arms are straight out in front (3:00). Good luck, James. Please post new clips with her on a pitching rubber....

Last edited:

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
One drill my DD's pitching instructor uses that you might want to try. Get a small dog squeaky toy and tape or velcro it to the top of your DD's right shoe. When she pitches strive to have her make the toy "squeak" by following through with her right foot to the back of her left calf. Good luck!

May 9, 2014
Umatilla, Florida
Lol, she's actually by the schools batting cages.

I will post her pitching from rubber, but her DM are poor not sure they are much better from the rubber, I'll get some video this weekend she's playing in a showcase. Thanks for the feedback!

Rampage

Banned
Jul 8, 2015
You can put all the squeaky toys you want but that won't solve it. I never teach a drag, if the hips do what they are supposed to drag is a no teach.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
You can put all the squeaky toys you want but that won't solve it. I never teach a drag, if the hips do what they are supposed to drag is a no teach.

Possibly, however the flip side of the coin is if the drag takes place on the big toe nail, the hips will be in perfect alignment.... and that also is a no teach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyGoneWild