Axe Bats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I have swung a few of their Sp bats and they aren't the best performing things out there. As some have said, they claim
they are made to be hit on only one side that the handle makes you hit on. But I never swung one enough to see how
it lasted. They definitely didn't hang with most other bats.

Feb 29, 2012
I was concerned about being forced to hit on one spot as well. I read on other posts about turning the bat (any manufacturer) so you aren't constantly hitting in the same spot and damaging the bat. So I will stay away from this. Thanks for the replies. And the jokes about Cookie Betts.

Feb 29, 2012
My daughter has a LS Xeno 32/21 that i bought from Core last year. I am looking to get her a new bat and bummed to learn about his issues with Wilson. He was very helpful in determining this was the bat to get. I elarned more from him on the phone than at a store trying different bats.
Anyway, that bat seems to have died. It doesn't sound quite right. She is an 8th grader playing her first season of Junior Varsity. The coach told her its broken. She had her 1st game yesterday and after her first atbat the ump wouldn't let her use the bat any longer because it was dead. Anybody ever hear of that???
That bat hasn't gotten that much use even though she joined a club team this year, playing JV and just starting spring rec. I was looking getting a CF8 Insane and LS Xeno 32/22. Looking at the weight guide it looks like the CF8 may be a better choice. In support of Core though, is there another bat out there that would be a good option? She is a punch and judy hitter who likes to shoot the ball to right center.
Thanks

Oct 22, 2010
SO CAL
My 14u 02 DD has the 14,15 and 2017 Axe -10 fastpitch bats and loves the knob and feel of the bats. The 14,15 are end loaded and the 17 is very balanced. She likes the end loaded feel better and feels she hits better with them so we decided to do some exit speed test with all 3 bats.
2014. 67,73,65,68,73,66,69
2015 63,63,65,64,64
2017 70,70,71,71,74,72,62,71,73

The 2015 has been her game bat but she is going to use the 17 for her H.S games for a while 😀. Axe only makes a -10 composite bat and needs to make a -8, -9 for the stronger players and if they want to get any colleges using them only a - 10 won't cut it.

May 21, 2014
hmmm... this is interesting. We picked up the 2014 (white with lt blue) a few weeks ago and my feeling was it was pretty balanced, but our time with it is just beginning. Definitely like the feel of this over the torq and on par with her cf5.

It has it's own sound, closest to the demarini thud. She's hit some really solid shots off of it too, so I wouldn't be quick to discount it's hotness. And to me, logically if the bat maker knows what side the ball is going to be hit on, don't you believe they can reinforce that side? Isn't compression test done all the way around the barrel so you could technically have one side hotter than the other and still be legal? Just a thought...

And the handle is a godsend. She was starting to get pain in her hand/wrist and this bat solves that. Choking up the cf5 vs the axe handle is no comparison as far as how much she feels like she can put into the swing without it hurting. But she is a hard swinger so maybe more of a soft contact hitter wouldn't benefit as much.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles