Auburn v Oklahoma Championship Game

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
Just gained a lot more respect for Coach Gasso. They showed interview last night that I did not see where she talked about Parker and being worn out. A part of what she asked was, "what are you willing to sacrifice for this?" Great question. I've sat in on meetings where the talk was pitching and the baseball state championship game.

Same here. I was critical of her Tuesday thinking she was trying to replay the '13 title with Gascoigne. After hearing her interview last night, I understand and agree with her. Respect!

On the other hand, DD, DW, and I were there for Game 1 and Game 2. Never thought I would see so many errors at that level! However, they were great games to watch. Wish we could have stayed in OKC for game 3.

Sep 18, 2011
Carosone went from villain to hero to goat all in the same series. Auburn was the least likeable team in recent memory. Congrats to OU.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Carosone went from villain to hero to goat all in the same series. Auburn was the least likeable team in recent memory. Congrats to OU.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but it's not one I share. My appreciation for Auburn increased this year.

Sep 18, 2011
You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but it's not one I share. My appreciation for Auburn increased this year.

It's possible I overreacted. When you watch a series it's natural to root for one team, and I didn't like Carosone's and Myers' comments after game one and Meyers kind of got on my nerves. Can anyone explain what he was arguing about last night in the first inning? Plus I have a vague memory of Fagan getting kicked off the FL team for reasons i can no longer remember, so that was also enough for me to root against Auburn. Having said that, they have some stud players and I actually did root for their corner infielders. Actually both teams had AWESOME corners!!

or was that a different Fagan? Someone will remember.

Last edited:
May 11, 2014
post game press conference is up on youtube. having only watched a few minutes early this morning, my first opinion of Myers is he is not a coach i would want my gdd to play for. i also believe his attitude, both good and bad, has rubbed off on his players. just my opinion

May 24, 2013
So Cal
It's possible I overreacted. When you watch a series it's natural to root for one team, and I didn't like Carosone's and Myers' comments after game one and Meyers kind of got on my nerves. Can anyone explain what he was arguing about last night in the first inning? Plus I have a vague memory of Fagan getting kicked off the FL team for reasons i can no longer remember, so that was also enough for me to root against Auburn. Having said that, they have some stud players and I actually did root for their corner infielders. Actually both teams had AWESOME corners!!

Maybe my opinion of Auburn would be changed if I had watched the post-game interviews. What I saw on the field during the WCWS is what swayed my vote.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL

Her sisters Kasey (Arakansas) and Sammi (Mizzou) along with Cheyenne Coyle (Az. State) played at Florida in 2012 and were suspended during the post season. They then left the team shortly after. Rumors still circulate about what actually happened, but this is one of those situations where everyone moved on and we will probably never know the full story. Haley Fagan played her Freshman year at South Alabama (2013) and the transferred to Auburn the following year. She was actually a medical red shirt this year and at her request was cleared to play during the post season.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2012
West US

I thought the 1st inning argument was obstruction/INT by 1B but the batter/runner did not turn to 2, which she would have been awarded based on the ump signal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi