At what age?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2014
At what age were you unable to hit off your kid?
I can still hit her FB but the change and curve do fool me. She's 11 so I am feeling a bit inadequate. :confused:

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
I've taken far too many pitches to my left shin (same damn spot) too many times when catching for DD and two other pitching students to dare stand in there and hit off of them. Yes, I did eventually wise up and start wearing shin-guards. What I am now worried about is taking one to the face--need to start wearing face mask.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
DD gave up pitching but I hit off her D1 committed friend last summer. Her FB is right at 65. She tried to jam me but I've been working with DD on how to hit that and got out in front and parked it at the fence. It may have been lucky because the next one I hit made me want to stop. Came inside again only I paid for it with a painful jolt in the wrists. That was enough for me.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2012
I've taken far too many pitches to my left shin (same damn spot) too many times when catching for DD and two other pitching students to dare stand in there and hit off of them. Yes, I did eventually wise up and start wearing shin-guards. What I am now worried about is taking one to the face--need to start wearing face mask.
Well, lets just say I have taken one or two off the shin...although it doesn't tickle...no damage done. I did however take one in the nose..... Looked like a scene from a horror movie. Blood spatter all over the front of my t-shirt and a stream of blood spewing from my nose. I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to blood. Wife said I was as white as a ghost as I was hovering over the sink trying to pinch my nose to get the blood to stop flowing out of it. We have a good laugh about it now...but she was a nervous wreck while it was happening. GET A MASK!!!! lol

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Getting hit by a pitch while catching is much worse in my mind than HBP in the box where you might give it a fleshy spot to hit. Shins, toes, face are not places you want to get hit. DD hit me in the shin once that hurt for about 3-4 months. NO thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1