ASA Hall of Fame tournament

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 18, 2011
Heading to OKC in June for the 14U ASA Hall of Fame tournament. DD is very excited. Any feedback from anyone who has been there for this tourney? I'm sure it will be a first class experience. Really looking forward to it.

Jul 9, 2009
IL
Heading to OKC in June for the 14U ASA Hall of Fame tournament. DD is very excited. Any feedback from anyone who has been there for this tourney? I'm sure it will be a first class experience. Really looking forward to it.

1) If you don't do anything else, make sure you go to the OKC National Memorial Museum. It's a tough but good experience. Definately #1 on the to do list.

2) If possible stay in a hotel in or near Bricktown. The area around the stadium isn't as good of a place to stay.

Dec 20, 2012

I will say my bit about the HOF. Depending on the number of teams that play in the tourney not all can be played at the HOF. The rest are played at either Wild Horse in Mustang, 30 miles away, or Reeves Park in Norman, 30 miles away but across from OU softball stadium. And not all the teams get to play on the MAIN(stadium) field. Second, the facilities are not what they should be. For being the Mecca of softball the fields are OK and the practice areas are horrible. If you play on the back fields there are no designated areas for pitchers to warm up. The slopes next to the stands on fields 2 and 3 are horrible and I am suprised more kids have not been hurt. Sneak drinks in, prices are thruthe roof. I am really suprised OKC has not made the HOF THE place in the country to play! I am from the area and we play there multiple times a year. I would hate to see it go to Florida or California, but if it did I would not be suprised. I may be a little judgemental because of all the areas OKC is improving is great but the HOF has been left out. But it will be a great experience for your daughter.

Once there, Bricktown is great, the OKC bombing Memorial/Museum is a must see(you will not leave with a dry eye). The zoo is right across from the HOF and it is impressive. Several museum very close to the HOF. South OKC has a large hispanic population and you can get some awesome authentic Mexican food. A few hidden spots for some good food around down town. Penn Square or Quail Springs Mall for the wife. Lots to do depending on what your interests are. If you have any questions about anything to do or where things are, feel free to ask.

I hope your daughter has a great time and GOOD LUCK!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619