As September 1st draws near...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 16, 2013
Seeing lots of commitments stream in to DD's college since Sept 1.
Very honest question, is there a list somewhere that all coaches post up what they're looking for? A previous post mentioned what Morehead College was looking for, purely off what they posted at a showcase. Is there a list out there for colleges like this?

A few years back an older baseball friend of my DD's (Team USA Baseball Women's Team player) did some type of physical testing that was sent to lots of college coaches. She got a big ride at a Cal State Fullerton, based solely off those physical rankings. (This was told to me directly by her father as she and my daughter were having lessons from a former hall of famer MLB player). Is there anything like that, that's truly useful? I hear of all these 2020's being picked up at the last minute, but how?

Nov 18, 2013
Very honest question, is there a list somewhere that all coaches post up what they're looking for? A previous post mentioned what Morehead College was looking for, purely off what they posted at a showcase. Is there a list out there for colleges like this?

A few years back an older baseball friend of my DD's (Team USA Baseball Women's Team player) did some type of physical testing that was sent to lots of college coaches. She got a big ride at a Cal State Fullerton, based solely off those physical rankings. (This was told to me directly by her father as she and my daughter were having lessons from a former hall of famer MLB player). Is there anything like that, that's truly useful? I hear of all these 2020's being picked up at the last minute, but how?

Unfortunately there’s no master list of what teams are looking for. The best you could hope to find is a well connected recruiter, but it’s not easy finding a reputable one.

Take anything a parent says with a grain of salt. I’d bet my house Cal Fullerton didn’t award a large scholarship solely off numbers. I know some former coaches who offered based on a travel coaches word. Thus the reason they’re former coaches.

2020’s are still being picked up because coaches have a need or believe they’re better than what they currently have.. It usually because a current recruit isn’t working out as planned, injury, transfer or girls just plain quitting. Even after a girl is signed coaches will recruit them through travel coaches or some third party.

Keep looking and never give up. If your kid wants to play in college there’s a school and a team for her somewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying