As September 1st draws near...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
DD is a 2021 who verballed to her dream school in February of 2018 which was shortly before the rule changed. The staff then moved on later that year to a different school which has left my kid in complete limbo for more than a year. I can't think she's the only 2021 who has been in this situation and it has really sucked.

Since this is where she wants to go with softball being only a part of the decision, she made the decision to be patient and keep the commitment on her end. I know she's really hoping to finally know something this weekend. Hopefully, she does.
I hope everything works out for her. I know several in her shoes and I bet the not knowing for sure has been tough.

May 29, 2019
DD is a 2021 who verballed to her dream school in February of 2018 which was shortly before the rule changed. The staff then moved on later that year to a different school which has left my kid in complete limbo for more than a year. I can't think she's the only 2021 who has been in this situation and it has really sucked.

Since this is where she wants to go with softball being only a part of the decision, she made the decision to be patient and keep the commitment on her end. I know she's really hoping to finally know something this weekend. Hopefully, she does.
I know someone that this has happened to. Committed, then the coach moved to a different school after the rule change. She says that she is following the coach to the new school, but I guess it won't be known for certain until next week.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
I know someone that this has happened to. Committed, then the coach moved to a different school after the rule change. She says that she is following the coach to the new school, but I guess it won't be known for certain until next week.
I know a girl that committed early and she is one of the best hitters in this class. The coaches she committed to were let go and she didn't hear anything from the new staff so she didn't know where she stood. All it took was a couple of posts on social media thanking other schools for great camps for her original school to find a way to reach out.

Oct 5, 2015
The Sept date assisted my kids in targeting their schools to focus on. I remember them sending off emails to 25-50 schools and then 6-7 replied on Sept 1 with something to the effect of "so excited it is Sept 1 so I can finally...". A few others may have sprinkled in over the next couple of days but quite frankly those that responded on Day 1 were in pole position and while it was nice to validate the interest was mutual, it really comes down to grades and test score. Junior year ACT narrowed the decision further or rather really accelerated interest. I think the type of school your DD is focused on can drive the anxiousness around Sept 1st. For example, if she is interested in certain D1/D3 private schools, while the communication is important, the admission pre-read is a must and that won't typically occur until early in senior year. But hey now they can start those early morning phone calls with coaches. My kids loved that [sarcasm].

Apr 16, 2013
Nothing here from the local college she's been emailing and going to camps with. Didn't really expect it though. She did get asked to come to a team practice/tryout for a D2 after a showcase. She's going to go to see what it's like. Still plenty of time for decisions and schools to talk to though!

Apr 28, 2014
DD was contacted by several schools on her list on Sunday morning. Some sent emails and few reached out to her travel coach for her cell number. The biggest stress for me and DW was watching her as she had conversations with college coaches. Of the schools that contacted her about half invited her to camps and the others showed genuine interest. She has a few visits set up based on the calls.
I won't get into specifics obviously but she was blown away by a few schools that were not on her radar. The others that reached out she has been emailing since 8th grade. She's a pitcher so maybe they are looking pitcher first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478