Arm hitting side

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
What do you think about eliminating the k position when teaching the drive? I wonder if it's a non-teach as a position and more of something that just happens when all else is going on?

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
Drive forward with the hips at 45 degrees and keep them there. Drive forward at 45 degrfees, landing foot touchdown at 45 degrees and ball release at 45 degrees. You dont have to have a PhD in mathematics to do that. That is the simplest way.

Here is what I have told every single studemnt I ever had; "You have to go from standing still, to running as fast as you can and you get ONE STEP to do that".

The biggest cause of problems I hjave always found is inconsistency in stride length and speed. The stride is the foundation of the mechanics.

Here is a short clip of me showing the footwork for leap and drag using a 'Legal Rock Back'.. Take note of how quickly it happens. A me with a really bad drive knee.

Dec 16, 2010
Hi mountyfan

My dd had the same issue. She throws mostly curves and riseballs and was not taught IR. But when she tried it, she noticed that the IR motion rotates her forearm away from her hip. Solved a long-standing and serious problem for her.

Hope this helps.

ps - a belated but huge THANK YOU to BoardMember for his "internal rotation" posts, and to others too numerous to name who have helped educate me about pitching and hitting the last few years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharonastokes