argghhhhh

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

57 will be miserable to us. If it is windy, I will cancel the little girl's lessons and only pitch the HS kids. I mean cold is cold and telling them that it is not, doesn't do any good, (when mom is in the car, with the heater running.)

It is all relative. 57 to ours is very nice for this time of year.....but 100+ temperatures? Way too hot to practice (or play in some cases).

Apr 25, 2010
What I wouldn't give to have 57* right now... This 30* junk is killing me. I guess it's supposed to make it to 50* on Monday. Here's hoping!

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
Well, since we are "bragging" about the weather where we are...

This past saturday DD's HS team won their 6th pre-season game (9th if you include scrimages), all but 1 against higher division teams. The weather has been beautiful! Saturday they played at 2pm and it was in the mid 70's, the 6pm game was -brr- cold at 65, I needed a sweatshirt.

Tomorrow it's supposed to rain, but not enough to spoil the Friday and Saturday's tournament. It should be in the mid 60's by then.

I think I like NorCal :)

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
The first time my dd pitched/played her first hs game, it was 36 degrees and a cold north wind blowing. I don't know how cold the wind chill was but the boys cancelled their games. This was in an opening tournament that is still held every year despite the fact that it is never good weather for that tournament. I remember my dd pitching with ear muffs on, practice pants over her softball uniform and the umpire telling her she had to take the pants off. Everyone else was able to wear theirs. He said the flopping of her pants was a distraction. LOL! I sat in a car on a levee to watch the game. I was so proud of her for playing.

Temps here are around 34 degrees, 25 mph wind gusting to 35 and will stablize at 34 later and get real cold. Snow was falling. Has stopped now but round two is coming in just a little while. DD's first college home game this year will be Saturday. Supposed to be 58 degrees and then rain.

Sep 21, 2011
Here in Hawaii, people start complaining about the "freezing" weather when the temperature drops to 70 degrees F. :rolleyes:

Oct 4, 2011
Colorado
60 degrees and sunny here through Thursday - then cold/wind/rain/probably snow - maybe a foot they're saying - just in time for the weekend and the girls' first tournament of the season. Ugh.

Apr 1, 2010
Here, if it hits 57, the kids will all run outside in shorts

Exactly. DD won't wear a coat, even when the temperature is below freezing. I can hardly get her to wear a hoody sometimes. Usually can't get her to put her track pants back on over her shorts for the trip home from speed and agility, no matter HOW cold and dark it is. 57 degrees would definitely be shorts weather for her. ;-)

On the other hand, if it plunged down to 57 in the middle of summer when we've acclimated to 90-100 degree temps, that would feel cold.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
In Atlanta and now Raleigh, I've thought 50 was dividing line. Anything below is kinda chilly and not comfortable, although the 40s are tolerable if you really need or want to be out there. First school game was Monday, and it was maybe 47-48. No complaints.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SecOnd in Comand