Appealing judgement calls

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 8, 2014
First of all, it is not necessary to ask the PU for permission to speak to the BU. Just call for time, wait until it is granted and go talk to the BU if that umpire made the call.

Let me add that if the only reason you are going to speak to the umpire is to ask him if his partner "had a better angle", don't bother. As was mentioned before, if you have a specific question on something you believed the umpire may not have seen (pulled foot, bobbled ball, swipe tag, etc.), by all means go and ask the umpire to check with his partner on that specific question.

Going onto the field only to question the judgement on the call should result in the coach being asked to return to the dugout.

My point with the better angle is if their was indeed a pulled foot or a bobble or swipe and a different umpire had a perfect view of it, Im going to state that and ask him to check with his partner. We all know if the other umpire had a better angle. The umpires know it as well. And I agree on questioning judgement calls. save your breath. move on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish