Anyone want to put together a baseball team for an all girls tournament?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 16, 2013
Long shot, but figured I'd post here as I know this is lots of fun.

This past week Baseball For All held the first ever, national, all girls baseball tournament in Orlando, Fl. ESPN among other media outlets were there and it got a fair amount of coverage. A few of us in the SE are trying to get some more regional tournaments going. We're putting together a tournament in Atlanta during the Oct 10th weekend. We're just trying to get together 4-6 teams, but more would be great. Right now we're pretty sure we have 4 teams. It'd be great to see some more girls show up. We have several softball players that have joined teams and have a blast. We play on the 50/70 field, but 200ft fences... home run derby anyone? ;o) It's 12u but we're targeting 10-12yo's.

Just throwing this out there to see if anyone would be interested. Heck, bring your softball team. Practice throwing from the mound and try it out! PM me if anyone wants more info. If you just have a daughter that wants to play we can most likely find a team for her as well.

Apr 16, 2013
Well, it's technically not illegal to throw windmill. Just gotta do it from 50ft off the mound/rubber. Gotta practice those pick offs, lead offs, and stealing too. :D

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Too many tournaments on the schedule already, but that sounds like great fun. We've got a shortstop that's kinda new to the team, and she has an absolute rocket launcher for an arm. Would love to see how she'd look throwing baseballs off a pitching mound.

Apr 16, 2013
Laura, you're in Ga? If so you should definitely try to attend and get more info. Right now we've got teams coming from the Carolinas, Georgia, and Florida and possibly even DC.

May 24, 2015
GA
I am in GA. I wish we could but she's not playing with her team on All Stars this summer, and our travel budget is TAPPED. Besides a family trip we're playing softball in Panama City next month. This stuff is killing our budget! Totally worth if of course.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkhill45