Any reviews on CF8 slapper yet??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 22, 2015
I have a couple players on my select team, that are interested in the cf8 slapper, but I have not yet read a single review on it. I'm just curious what the players think of the feel of the weight being moved closer to the hands, and the longer barrel. Just an overall review of the bat would be great.

Thanks

longball00

Softball is my obsession
Apr 8, 2014
Willoughby, Ohio
Girl on DD's team has one, but has yet to use it. She has been using her CF8 custom instead and swinging away. I will have to ask her if they feel any different, or if she thinks it's just for slapping :)

Our slappers have used it in a couple of tournaments. They seem to like it just fine, especially for drag bunting. They all said that the extra barrel length helped them control the ball a bit better and they said it didn't seem any different in pop from the regular CF8 when swinging away. None of them asked for one but I think one girl may get one after Nationals and will try to work with it during the very short "off season," as it were. I wouldn't be surprised if one or two more pick one up, as well.

They said the balance is a bit different than the standard version but not in a bad way. They all said it "felt lighter" but hit just as hard as the regular -10.

Apr 22, 2015
Thank you for the reviews. It sounds like a very good all around bat, for slappers or swinging away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi