Any good leads on where to purchase softballs from?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
epicsporrts just made me mad when i placed an order. I'm not ordering something for it to ship 3 weeks out.
And shipping is expensive...no matter how much you buy you pay shipping.

I have ordered from there, but only when I really want something. For as much as shipping is, you would think you would get quicker
shipping :ROFLMAO:

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
How does bownet brand compare to some of champro's line?
Bownet balls suck. Their laces on their USSSA balls are barely raised. My daughter hates pitching with them because they are hard to grip. Also, for sanctioned softballs, they don't last. We carry a bunch of brands at the store, including Champro and Bownet, but I prefer Dudley. Feel free to message me to see what we have.

Oct 27, 2017
I've used the below for BP/fielding practice with my kids (although at the time they were $55 a dozen..$70 on Amazon now) and they have held up for almost two years:
View attachment 25147
Started using these when I coached 10U (11") and still use the same ones for the backyard cage, DD is now playing 14U. They hold up well, especially for the price. We have at least another 100 12" balls that we use at practice and 100 12" slowpitch (low seam) for the pitching machine and all have met expectations.

Jan 6, 2018
epicsporrts just made me mad when i placed an order. I'm not ordering something for it to ship 3 weeks out.
I just went back to see how long they took to ship to me and it was next day, but it was in 2020, LOL. My last batch was the Rawlings Dream Seam USSSA from www.baseballsavings.com but sadly they no longer carry them - they have others though. I'm real particular because some of them run heavy so I order all kinds and if they weigh more than 6.9 oz. we use them for hitting/fielding/drills and I give the pitchers the lighter ones. Every time DD brings home a game ball they always weigh 6.5-6.7 oz. so I try to keep it consistent to what she's using in game. Then all my students also use those balls for pitching because I'm weird.

inumpire

Observer, but has an opinion
Oct 31, 2014
Their shipping process is horrible. They have some good deals, but they take way to long to ship. Must have just one person in shipping.

Aug 15, 2021
I recently purchases a couple of dozen Rawlings Dream Seam 12" (because that's what we use for HS ball) leather cover for about $68/doz with a 25% off from eastbay.com. I also got free 5-7 day shipping. I am not vouching for the vendor as their online rating wasn't great, but I did get what I needed for a good price.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad