Any experiences with the CF5?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

I'm looking into a new bat for myself. Was wondering if anyone had any experiences with this bat yet.... Been looking at a couple of others but just after some knowledge if anybody has any :)

Jul 25, 2010
Ohio
My DD has been using a 2010 CF4 Black. Fearing it was starting to die, we just picked up a CF5 Hope. Out of the wrapper it has more pop and swings a little lighter than the CF4. Construction appears to be top notch. DD likes it a lot better than the Xeno she briefly had as well.

Oct 13, 2010
Georgia
Craig, I was looking at the CF4 and CF5 last week. The end cap on the CF5 is a concave design verses the CF4's ribbed convex design. The rep said that allowed them to increase the length of the barrel as well as the sweet spot. Since you said it has more pop out of the wrapper, I was wondering if you thought this made the difference.

Jul 25, 2010
Ohio
Not sure about the end cap but I do know they are different on the Hope models. Holding the CF4 and the CF5 side-by-side, the connection point between the two pieces is about 1" closer to the handle on the CF5, so the hitting area is larger.

Apr 22, 2011
I was looking to get -11 CF5 for DD but not seen many reviews, I like to hear it's hot out of the wrapper. Hate to drop that much $$$ without much input.

Jul 25, 2010
Ohio
I had the same reservations but then I considered the history of DeMarini's top-of-the-line fastpitch bats from the Phoenix to the CF3 to the CF4. With that lineage I knew the CF5 was going to be great and, so far, it has not disappointed.

Apr 22, 2011
Craig....How is the bat working out? Wife wouldn't let me pull the triger. I want that Bat ( DAUGHTER ).

Jul 25, 2010
Ohio
Craig....How is the bat working out? Wife wouldn't let me pull the triger. I want that Bat ( DAUGHTER ).

DD loves her CF5. She was reluctant at first to abandon her beloved CF4 but once I was able to convince her to make the switch, she hasn't looked back. Here's a pic of DD taken during her last game this summer preparing to do battle with her CF5:

picture.php

Aug 21, 2008
So what are the differences between the CF5 Hope, Insane and other models? end loaded vs. balanced? Thanks. Want to buy a 33 23 balanced CF5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck