Any CF-9 reviews?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 18, 2009
I didn't stay for practice tonight but one of our girls got a new CF-9 from Core yesterday. Bat looks sweet! Now I need to see how it hits!

May 19, 2016
Sorry Tim, Demarini took nothing from LS...heck, LS doesn't even make their own bats...haha.

Bats have nothing in common.

And to be honest, "stiff" is the last word anybody would ever use for a Demarini CF bat...haha.
They are kinda the most flexy feeling bat out there.

Yeah sadly I saw they were made In China now after Id gotten the bat. Honestly wouldn't have gotten that one If Id known that. If you dont mind me asking who does make the LS bats now?

Im also curious as what I should do If I experience a tiny bit of movement between the handle and the barrel where the Tru3 connection "grommet" Is. Daughter has swung her new LXT In two games and I checked yesterday and when I grab the barrel with one hand and handle In the other and twist opposite directions there was about a millimeter of movement (possibly slightly less but you get the point) then It stopped. Went to twist the other way and no movement. Let her hit a dozen balls from side toss and checked again....once again about a millimeter worth of movement and then no movement In either direction. Should I go ahead and contact LS and maybe move up to the -10 (are these any less prone to this?) or just wait til an ump doesn't clear It for a game or?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Haha, good luck finding out what place in China makes LS bats. It is a long process to find a place that
you can trust over there. Many companies have tried and fail because quality control is very tough when
you don't oversee it directly. Luckily LS has the backing to go with a better manufacturing company over there.

Bass is one that comes to mind...they went cheap and their first bat
was awesome, since then, terrible and not even sure if they are still around...haha. And returns can be
a hassle as you never know when bats are available.
Another new company is China based. Monsta. The reason they can never deliver bats on time to their
customers. You can order a bat from them and wait months. Customer service is terrible.

And yes, please stop analyzing the bat. Its a connection point...its made to move :)
It would be a one piece bat if the connection point didn't move...haha

May 19, 2016
Haha, good luck finding out what place in China makes LS bats. It is a long process to find a place that
you can trust over there. Many companies have tried and fail because quality control is very tough when
you don't oversee it directly. Luckily LS has the backing to go with a better manufacturing company over there.

Bass is one that comes to mind...they went cheap and their first bat
was awesome, since then, terrible and not even sure if they are still around...haha. And returns can be
a hassle as you never know when bats are available.
Another new company is China based. Monsta. The reason they can never deliver bats on time to their
customers. You can order a bat from them and wait months. Customer service is terrible.

And yes, please stop analyzing the bat. Its a connection point...its made to move :)
It would be a one piece bat if the connection point didn't move...haha

As always thanks Core. Things have changed a lot since I played baseball and Im honestly still trying to figure out this crazy game of fast pitch and everything that surrounds It.....including some of the equipment. Its good to know I can always come to this board and get some knowledge from people who have already got a firm grasp on It.

Jan 7, 2013
Does anyone have an update on the CF9??? The DW said I better make sure it lives up to the hype before pulling the trigger.

Does it swing lighter than the CF8 as noted in a dealer reviews?

Oct 26, 2015
Does anyone have an update on the CF9??? The DW said I better make sure it lives up to the hype before pulling the trigger.

Can't speak to every bat out there, but my daughter's 31/20 CF8 weighs 19.4 oz. and her 31/20 CF9 weighs 19.9 oz. It's hard to imagine that it swings lighter than the -11 CF8s, they swing very light. Can't really say whether the CF9 is as hot as the CF8 yet, because she is still breaking it in. At this point I can say for sure that out of the wrapper it is no hotter than her CF8 is currently.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2012
Florida

1st time buy from Core....awesome response time, great to work with, got DD bat within 3 days. i have to say i am switching to Core on any bats i get from now on....even the wife was pleased texting him on the sale...thats a plus when you are pulling the trigger.

DD got a CF9 31/21 -11 My DD is 10yr at 5ft/85lbs. she plays 12u but she is guess playing in a 10u tournament this weekend at utrip states. used a 11in balls for bp yesterday, first bat....off the 200ft fence. ball just jumps off this bat. after 4 buckets consistently 150ft and beyond. This bat has a different sound compared to earlier models. she loves the grip and the feel.

Jan 20, 2015
Indiana
Let your daughter hit the bat before you buy it. The CF8 is a great bat, knock on wood has been durable and is hot. However, don't kid yourself the top line bats are all hot its a feel and durability thing. LS makes their bats louder so there is a perception that they are hotter, they are good bats but they are no hotter than the other high end bats. I watch bad hitters hit poorly with every brand new offering that comes out while players hit with their tried and true older models. The magic pill for becoming a great hitter is this : hours in the cage, on the tee and on the field with GOOD instruction. There is the shortcut. Do that, buy a brand new bat and I PROMISE it will be HOTTTTT and will work for you!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00