Any CF-9 reviews?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Yeah sadly I saw they were made In China now after Id gotten the bat. Honestly wouldn't have gotten that one If Id known that. If you dont mind me asking who does make the LS bats now?

Im also curious as what I should do If I experience a tiny bit of movement between the handle and the barrel where the Tru3 connection "grommet" Is. Daughter has swung her new LXT In two games and I checked yesterday and when I grab the barrel with one hand and handle In the other and twist opposite directions there was about a millimeter of movement (possibly slightly less but you get the point) then It stopped. Went to twist the other way and no movement. Let her hit a dozen balls from side toss and checked again....once again about a millimeter worth of movement and then no movement In either direction. Should I go ahead and contact LS and maybe move up to the -10 (are these any less prone to this?) or just wait til an ump doesn't clear It for a game or?

My dd has one that does exact same thing, and yes not everytime. She won't use it because she says she occasionally feels it "click" when hitting. Too bad it is out of warranty. I would send yours back if I were you.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Again, the connection has been known to "click"

Does nothing to effect the bat in any way. I would never blow a return on this unless I was 11 months
into it.

Last edited:

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Review of CF-9: My DD loves the look of it and it hits balls off the tee like a champion (because it was raining). It does make a different sound to the CF8.

If the weather holds, I will let you know how it hits live compared to the broken in CF-8

Thanks Core for the bat, As always, top service, unbeatable pricing, fast delivery. A++++++++++

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
New cf9 Sprite 31-11 came in Wednesday. (Thanks for the great deal Core) She took it to practice Thursday and liked it but I didn't get to see the performance. So on Saturday, I took it and 2 other known bats I have hit with a lot (2016 mako Torq 31-10 and 2013 cf5 31-10)and hit a bucket or 3. In the end the 2016 31-10 mako Torq prob went 5' longer in the air on a few more balls but it is the heaviest bat and I feel like I swing it better. The thing I liked about the cf9 is when hitting with a light warm up type swing, the ball popped off the bat. It didn't seem like it needed as hard of a swing as the Mako. The cf5 has always been a good bat for me but was a little heavy for 10YO DD. It too has always needed a powerful swing to drive the ball.

Jan 22, 2011
Core is Da Man. Ordered a CF9 Hope Monday night and my DD just showed up to Thursday's practice with it. She loves the color scheme!

Great price and service. Never buy a bat from anyone else!

Bat is for fall ball more than for this summer, but I am encouraging her to use it some during practices. Hard to tell for sure on a handful of swings tonight, but its at least as good as the CF8 from the small sample size.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2013
Review - DD went to a 33/23 CF9 Hope from a 32/22 2 Legit. She loved the 2Legit but after breaking 3 of them, I didn't want to buy another one. Anyway, the CF9 hits just as well as thw 2 Legit. She's hit a couple of homeruns in as many tournaments with it. So, it's definitely a hot bat, but I don't think it's any hotter than the 2 Legit ahe was swinging before. If anything, I'd say the pop is about the same.

May 19, 2016
My dd has one that does exact same thing, and yes not everytime. She won't use it because she says she occasionally feels it "click" when hitting. Too bad it is out of warranty. I would send yours back if I were you.

I didn't tell her about It and she hasn't mentioned feeling anything. She Is also hitting the ball pretty well with It and nothing seems to be out of the ordinary or lacking in performance. Im just gonna let It ride until an actual problem arises. My warranty wont expire for another 10 months so Ive still got plenty of time. For what Its worth I looked at It yesterday for the first time since I mentioned It on this board and It doesn't do It at all.

May 12, 2016
My dughters's cf9 came hot out of the wrapper. Ball jumped off the bat. She hit a few homers and many rope gappers. However, after about 4-5 tournaments and a month of BP, the pop seems to be gone already. Anyone else experiencing the same thing? Maybe I'm crazy but could the pop be gone already?

Jul 14, 2010
Another Core convert - younger DD moved from CF7 -11 to CF9 -10

Very impressed this weekend with results at tryouts. We switched for an added inch as she's grown and the quality of the hits is a huge bonus for her. BTW she got the Hope and the coaches at her tryout were all talking about it while she was hitting (team of Makos). At least I know they were watching her :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 28, 2015
My daughter finally cracked her -11 CF8 and they sent her a CF9 as a replacement. She is a power hitter, and had put several over with the CF8. It was a hot bat and very broken in from many buckets of balls. She loved the colors and looks of the CF9 when it came out of the box, but she doesn't like hitting with it as much as she did the CF8. She thinks the sweet spot may be smaller on the CF9. She says it is fine if she hits it just right in the smaller sweet spot, but she says it doesn't feel right on some of her hits when she knows she is still getting large part of barrel on ball. It doesn't hurt her hands or anything, just doesn't feel like she thinks it should. Another girl on her team had previously bought a CF9 just to have the newer model, but she liked her older CF8 better as well. I wonder if the redesign was to address durability issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00