Another Proud Papa

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 18, 2013
Below is an excerpt from an email DD's HS coach received from an opposing coach a couple weeks ago. I've been going back and forth whether I should post it, but here goes...

“I just wanted to take a moment and compliment your pitcher Emma. She is a true leader on the field and the dug-out and it is nice to see someone who is going D1 that is a team player and a leader. There are too many of them out there who once they commit D1 think the game revolves around them... Emma, is not that player and is a leader and a teacher of the game to the girls around her. Emma and your dome team did a nice job on an off the field today.”

I’ve received comments on her athletic performances before, but this meant more than any of them.

Sep 18, 2011
Thanks for posting!! Very cool! Congrats and I look forward to seeing you at some tournaments this summer.

Feb 12, 2014
That is awesome !! Emails and/or comments like that make it all worth it !!!

It reminds me of a time when my daughter was playing 14U ball, it was after a game on a Sunday and the coaches handed out the medals to the game "MVP" (which was not my daughter) and the opposing coach called out my daughters # to tell her that she was an example of what great sportsmanship should be between the lines. and said he wished he had 14 #23's on his team ! Proud Papa moment !

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Great for your DD, a great reflection on her parents and her team.

Also, really classy move by the other team's coach.

Sometimes that sort of classy move by a coach on another team can come back in good karma. The first time DD #3 played rec ball, a coach on another team went out of her way to praise DD #3. Now, that rec ball coach is DD #3's TB coach.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13