Another pig caught ...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2009
GD you bring up some good points, in prosecuting this case it may not be black and white. She is legal age for consent, it happen numerous times before it was reported. An attorney will argue the case to make the perpetrator look live the victim and the victim look like the instigator.

At one time our department had a special prosecutor to handle these type cases, funds no longer is available for us to have one. The larger cities may still have these prosecutors on staff which could help to get a conviction.

A jury trial you just never know. Say this guy is found not guilty on all charges, his record is cleared (expunged) . He could be working in a school or coaching kids again.

So I will restste, NEVER TRUST ANYONE WITH YOUR KID!

Oct 19, 2009

One of the first cases when I came to work here about 20 plus years ago, was a female hair dresser molesting a 11 YO boy. The female was convicted and the prosecutor at the time argued the point of the long term effects on the boy.

The prosecutor was on target, the boy was in and out of juvenile detention and after adulthood it got no better, in and out of jail, thefts, drugs and spent years in prison. The boy/man is a con artist and manipulator and uses people even the ones who try to help him.

Did his experience as a victim of molestation cause this behavior? You certainly can make an argument it did.

The perpetrator in this case was a well respected member of the community, she was young, attractive and married to a well respected man and had a good life. Back then it was unusual for a female to be convicted/charged with child molestation, well in our small town any way.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
One of the first cases when I came to work here about 20 plus years ago, was a female hair dresser molesting a 11 YO boy. The female was convicted and the prosecutor at the time argued the point of the long term effects on the boy.

The prosecutor was on target, the boy was in and out of juvenile detention and after adulthood it got no better, in and out of jail, thefts, drugs and spent years in prison. The boy/man is a con artist and manipulator and uses people even the ones who try to help him.

Did his experience as a victim of molestation cause this behavior? You certainly can make an argument it did.

The perpetrator in this case was a well respected member of the community, she was young, attractive and married to a well respected man and had a good life. Back then it was unusual for a female to be convicted/charged with child molestation, well in our small town any way.

Or was he a manipulative little brat at 11? I grew up with a kid like that and have run into kids like that and their attitude had nothing to do with abuse, sexual or otherwise.

It is a hard thing with which to deal when children are involved, especially since all the sheeple have a tendency to jump on the band wagon without a bit of knowledge or real evidence. I think the sad part is the justification to jump on that bandwagon. Of course, it is a tragedy when someone does assault anyone. I think it is equally sad when it is found that accusations were false, very few people are willing to stand up for the accused regardless of the innocence. People just drop their like they see nothing and move on. Forget the fact that someone falsly accused very likely loses their home, family and basically, their life in general.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
It has been both men and women teachers here in Tucson. The last male ran off with a 15 yo to Mexico. She called to come home, after a month. Her mom went on TV and said something about if she was going to act like an adult, she would have adult consequences.
(poor girl)

Then, a well respected art teacher that had been at a Christian elementary school, moved to the HS and was sleeping with 2-3 students. The authorities had DNA evidence, so she admitted it.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Not because of Razmataz's comment, but back in the day, there were more females preying on underage girls than anything, else. I never left my DD alone with women or men.

But, I think that these adults sort of pick kids that have no one looking after them.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
GD, this is going to be an interesting case. This is one of those cases that prosecutors hate. The acts were despicable, but the law may not make it a crime. Whether we like it or not, the age of consent in Alabama is 16YOA. So, if the sex was consensual, then the accused did not commit a crime.

The Alabama statute says, "Lack of consent results from: forcible compulsion; or Incapacity to consent..." And it says, "A person is deemed incapable of consent if he is: Less than 16 years old; or Mentally defective; or Mentally incapacitated; or Physically helpless." It looks like they are going to go with "forcible compulsion". So, perhaps he threatened her.

The problem for the prosecution is that the sex occurred over two years and included *30* sex encounters. My guess is that the defendant will use the "jilted girlfriend" defense.

The jurors won't like the defendant. The problem for the prosecutors will be that the jury will be looking at an 18 YOA woman explaining how she had sex with a guy 30 times before complaining to the police.

Tough case...

Last edited:
May 7, 2008
Tucson
The coach that I knew in IL. pleaded down to something stupid, about "too many text messages." He had texted the HS girl 6,000 times. He served 60 days and doesn't have to file as a sex offender. I think that every case should be the same. The coach/teacher is suppose to be the adult.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole