Another catcher glove question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Should read the glove info closer. did not realize that the glove they sell was the dual core. Seen many times on here to stay away from.
Dual Core or Horween featherlight leather is tanned specifically to break in quick and in specific break zones. I’ve always thought is was a little strange that the Horween tannery would supply a leather like this to the masses considering they supplied Rawlings with some of the best USA tanned leather ever used for a baseball glove! But I guess when Rawlings requests a specific leather AND they’re footing the bill.................

The old St. Louis USA custom Rawlings made out of Horween took a good solid year to break in!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Personal preference. The CMW3000 is an excellent mitt, no doubt about it. However, my DD did not like the way it felt on her hand.

Eric, it’s funny you say that, my CMW3000 is mine for me to use, I use it to catch Anna at lessons and I warm up our pitchers at tournaments. Every single one of my catchers that have borrowed it or asked to use it out of curiosity just to try have never liked it! And to me I couldn’t imagine another mitt feeling any better ever! Good thing we have so many choices here in good ole America!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Should read the glove info closer. did not realize that the glove they sell was the dual core. Seen many times on here to stay away from.

I also want to add about the Dual Core mitts/gloves......I’m a glove snob and a Rawlings fanboy and I absolutely would not buy a Dual Core glove for me, But that’s not saying they’re bad gloves cause they do have some great Rawlings patterns. They are WAY above an average glove for a rec player and would even make a great secondary TB glove for say a catcher who also plays some outfield. As I said earlier today this is my opinion and personal preference.

May 28, 2014
what are opinions on diamond fi325 catchers mitt?

Diamond is an equipment company that also happens to make gloves - sorta like Boombah. I would guarantee that you will not get the quality from the them that you would see from other gloves. They also have a "outer finger design" and who knows what that means ;)

May 28, 2014
To chime in - our starting catcher on my DDs 14u team has been using a 32.5 for a few years now with zero issue - though at times it seems like most girls like to move into at least the 33. Vinci offers 32.5/33/34 inch gloves - in varying levels - but only offer the 32.5 in the entry level. With that being said - for the price point that you can get them through me the - the Vinci is the best value upper end glove you can get. The Kip leather is top notch, padding is best in the game - and they hold up like a tank. Nokoma's are a good glove manufacture. But I would still take a Rawlings (or especially a Vinci ;) ) over them.

Its all going to come down to what she feels comfortable with. I have some girls that will only use a Vinci, who don't like the feel.

If you would like a quote for a Kip leather mitt - say a JCV-VM shoot me a message

Dave/Drakemir

Going to do the "order a bunch of gloves" from justballgloves for DD1 to try.

Main questions are does anyone know anything about quality of the Marucci gloves and is the 32.5" size that the Nokoma's only come in to small for a 12" ball

Every review I've read on the nokoma's are great but worried about the size on the catchers glove.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
It’s going to come down to pocket size more so than the actual glove size. I know the Mizuno 32.5 does not have an adequate pocket for the 12” ball. DD uses a Vinci 33” JCV-VM and it handles a 12” ball great. She’s on her second one (got 3 1/2 yrs out of first one) and won’t even try anything else.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
It’s going to come down to pocket size more so than the actual glove size. I know the Mizuno 32.5 does not have an adequate pocket for the 12” ball. DD uses a Vinci 33” JCV-VM and it handles a 12” ball great. She’s on her second one (got 3 1/2 yrs out of first one) and won’t even try anything else.
Agreed, my 33” JCV-22 seems like it’s all one big pocket, no problem at all with a 12” ball!

Feb 16, 2015
South East
Going to do the "order a bunch of gloves" from justballgloves for DD1 to try.

Main questions are does anyone know anything about quality of the Marucci gloves and is the 32.5" size that the Nokoma's only come in to small for a 12" ball

Every review I've read on the nokoma's are great but worried about the size on the catchers glove.

DD has a 32.5” walnut Nokona which feels huge!!!! DD never could catch with it. I am the only person that could keep the ball from popping out but I have very large hands. I will say that it is built like a tank and good luck getting it broke in within the 100 day return policy from just ball gloves. Below is a pic of the Nokona and the Vinci both with 12” balls as you can see the pattern of the gloves are totally different.... the Vinci is a 33” compared to the Nokona 32.5”.

12e4b2ddf3763c96bd8ac5cc77c0cb67.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles