another brag thread - verballed!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 18, 2011
DD had a fantastic unofficial visit this weekend, culminating with her meeting with the coaches where she accepted their offer through an avalanche of happy tears. The whole weekend was so special - football game, meetings with an academic advisor and career services, tours, watching practice, watching a workout, getting to know other recruits, attending a pep rally. Just incredible. DD's a 2017 grad and I was reluctant to allow her to verbal this early, but it's DD's dream school, number one choice, and the offer was too good to turn down. And no, it wasn't a four year "full ride," but it was pretty darn good!

Anyway, sorry for being so boastful, but I am still over the moon and wanted to share with folks who would "get it."

Sep 18, 2011
Don't be coy Olaf.....say the name.....say it....you know you want to....

Lake Wobegon Community College and Beauty School. Helluva ball team, there. National Beauty School runners-up three straight years. DD hopes to take them to the next level. :)

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
DD had a fantastic unofficial visit this weekend, culminating with her meeting with the coaches where she accepted their offer through an avalanche of happy tears. The whole weekend was so special - football game, meetings with an academic advisor and career services, tours, watching practice, watching a workout, getting to know other recruits, attending a pep rally. Just incredible. DD's a 2017 grad and I was reluctant to allow her to verbal this early, but it's DD's dream school, number one choice, and the offer was too good to turn down. And no, it wasn't a four year "full ride," but it was pretty darn good!

Anyway, sorry for being so boastful, but I am still over the moon and wanted to share with folks who would "get it."

Hey Olaf- who was playing in that football game she attended?

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2011
Hey Olaf- who was playing in that football game she attended?

I believe the long standing DFP protocol is to keep the name of the school off the main board. I'm not presumptuous enough to think that anyone would want to know, but if you do send me a pm.

Nov 18, 2013
Congratulations!!! Very happy for DD and your family. You've got a great kid and she'll do big things there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oconnell.patrick