another brag thread - verballed!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 7, 2011
Don't know what would be better, her getting to her dream school or it just being over with. :)

Being "over with IT" is cool but careful what ya wish for. As soon as DD is secured into her dorm and everything the connection and involvement with dad is over. I almost feel I need to adopt an athletic 7 yr old just to start the process over again......

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Being "over with IT" is cool but careful what ya wish for. As soon as DD is secured into her dorm and everything the connection and involvement with dad is over. I almost feel I need to adopt an athletic 7 yr old just to start the process over again......

Not so sure about that. In her second year of college and getting offers to x-fer in 2016. Granted the involvement has changed but it is still there. Good news is that I don't have to shoot the video and go to every game. Just click on the provided URLs from the comfort of my office. This weekend she got "the offer" so it looks like the official visits are done just need to sign. :)

Last edited:

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Not so sure about that. In her second year of college and getting offers to x-fer in 2016. Granted the involvement has changed but it is still there. Good news is that I don't have to shoot the video and go to every game. Just click on the provided URLs from the comfort of my office. This weekend she got "the offer" so it looks like the official visits are done just need to sign. :)

Congrats to your DD!

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location

So can we take a little clue from the Avatar change? Congrats. I am going to have a busy spring trying to watch all of your daughters playing on TV.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
So can we take a little clue from the Avatar change? Congrats. I am going to have a busy spring trying to watch all of your daughters playing on TV.

Thanks, she committed today. Had a great weekend in Columbia and it appears to be a great fit for everyone. She is really looking forward to playing in the SEC. She still a Sophomore so she has another year at Chipola. Will join the Gamecocks for the 2016 season. Weather permitting she throws against the Gators on Sunday.

Sep 18, 2011

I noticed the avatar change as well but I still can't figure it out. The logo looks familiar but I can't place it. Drop me a clue. :)

Disregard. Just saw Riseball's post. CONGRATULATIONS again!!!

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
I noticed the avatar change as well but I still can't figure it out. The logo looks familiar but I can't place it. Drop me a clue. :)

Disregard. Just saw Riseball's post. CONGRATULATIONS again!!!

Speaking of avatars, I know you have that upper midwest minimalist, humility thing going but spice it up a little and maybe throw up a Guy Noir pic or something.

Sep 18, 2011
Speaking of avatars, I know you have that upper midwest minimalist, humility thing going but spice it up a little and maybe throw up a Guy Noir pic or something.

I once put a bat for sale on this site. I took a picture of the bat and tried to post it in my thread. "Tried" being the operative word. It was a simple photo, but for some reason it was too "large" to post. I spent an hour trying to figure it out. People post photos all the time. It couldn't be that hard. But I gave up in frustration. The very idea of me (ME!) figuring out how to create an avatar is truly laughable.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I once put a bat for sale on this site. I took a picture of the bat and tried to post it in my thread. "Tried" being the operative word. It was a simple photo, but for some reason it was too "large" to post. I spent an hour trying to figure it out. People post photos all the time. It couldn't be that hard. But I gave up in frustration. The very idea of me (ME!) figuring out how to create an avatar is truly laughable.

If the file is too large to post, open the picture in your photo editing software (even the free software the comes with your computer) and resize the photo and save. You could also save the photo to a website like Photobucket.com and use that link to share the picture.