Anderson Supernova Busted Bat Any Thoughts

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
But again, I said what I did because the FB will swing/feel/weigh way diff than an RT. They didnt make
anything but a drop 10, so no option to try and get a drop 8 or 9 to get a heavier feeling on the FB.

You said she tried a LXT and Xeno...did she like any of them?

Jan 24, 2009
I'm the last guy who should tell anyone not to buy a bat, so I won't, but what is wrong with using the warranty bat? Did she like the model?

Merrill Danner

Relax and breathe!
Sep 26, 2012
74441 - Oklahoma
She like the Supernova, actually just started to warm up to it in the last couple of months. Has always been a Rocketech kind of girl.

Anyhow long story short, contacted Anderson, emailed them a picture of the bat and copy of the receipt. They said keep the bat, and sent me a UPS tracking number, and said thanks for being a Anderson Bat Co. supporter.

But after showing my DD the

Miken NEW! FREAK BLACK FASTPITCH -10 Bat - Miken Sports

and her reading about it, she was kind of wanting to try it out.

Not sure how to keep this off the books so my DW doesn't notice, at least not until after she has broken in the new Miken.

That my friends will be another story in a another thread, called, "Sharing a one room slightly cramped room with the dog, or something similar".

Merrill Danner

Relax and breathe!
Sep 26, 2012
74441 - Oklahoma
But again, I said what I did because the FB will swing/feel/weigh way diff than an RT. They didnt make
anything but a drop 10, so no option to try and get a drop 8 or 9 to get a heavier feeling on the FB.

You said she tried a LXT and Xeno...did she like any of them?

she has tried Xeno since the first one came out, and same for the LXT's, always seem to come back to the Rocketech.

She is currently swinging a 32/22 in the Supernova, the Rocketech is 32/?? don't remember.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
She like the Supernova, actually just started to warm up to it in the last couple of months. Has always been a Rocketech kind of girl.

Anyhow long story short, contacted Anderson, emailed them a picture of the bat and copy of the receipt. They said keep the bat, and sent me a UPS tracking number, and said thanks for being a Anderson Bat Co. supporter.

But after showing my DD the

Miken NEW! FREAK BLACK FASTPITCH -10 Bat - Miken Sports

and her reading about it, she was kind of wanting to try it out.

Not sure how to keep this off the books so my DW doesn't notice, at least not until after she has broken in the new Miken.

That my friends will be another story in a another thread, called, "Sharing a one room slightly cramped room with the dog, or something similar".

Be aware that the Miken Freak Black will not feel at all like the RT. Miken is pretty true to sticker weight, and is balanced. Compared to the RT, it will feel very light. The feel will be similar to the LXT.

Merrill Danner

Relax and breathe!
Sep 26, 2012
74441 - Oklahoma
But you should have seen the parents coming up to shake my hand, saying wow, I wish my daughter could break a bat.

It is all about perspective I suppose.

On a most excellent note: Contacted Anderson by phone, they put me in touch with the Warranty Dept., who sent me a form via email. I filled out the form, just basic demographic data. They emailed back asking for a picture or two of the bat. Sent it to them, and then within 6 hours they sent me a UPS tracking number and an email saying keep the old broken bat your new bat is on the way.

Merrill Danner

Relax and breathe!
Sep 26, 2012
74441 - Oklahoma
Be aware that the Miken Freak Black will not feel at all like the RT. Miken is pretty true to sticker weight, and is balanced. Compared to the RT, it will feel very light. The feel will be similar to the LXT.

That is the reason it took so long for her to start really using the Supernova, her statement was that it feels like I am going to break it, it feels so light.
Go figure, I guess I should just stop and listen on occasion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors