Anderson Flexzilla vs. CF5 -11's

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 22, 2011
Just bought my DD a CF5 -11 and my younger daughter just loves it. She needs a new bat and i am wondering if anyone has the Anderson Flexzilla -11. They both swing 32" bats. Thinking of buying the second CF5, but wondering if anyone has any input on the Flexzilla before i make the second CF5 purchase.

Thanks!!

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Ok. So maybe you read Santa came yesterday (got a 33/23 cf6, and a 33/22 flexzilla). So only hit lite flights last night...so just a few opionions from that. 1. I swear the 22oz zilla feels heavier then the 23oz cf6, and definately heavier then our 22oz freak. Load: the balance point of the zilla was much more toward end loaded then either the cf6 and freak. It was about identical balance point as our rocketech. What ever anderson does with the weight distribution is weird. It feels a bit heavy and a bit ackward to hold, but it feels like it swings faster then anything else. After a dozen swings dd really liked the feel...we are not unwrapping the cf6 as of now.

We shall see how we feels with some game swings. At least anderson has the "proof at the plate" program...don't like it, return for credit to use on anyother bat of any brand within 30 days.

Mar 22, 2011
yes my understanding is that it is end loaded. So you think her bat speed was better with the Flexzilla?

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I don't know... She can hit with a 30oz bat with no trouble...so hard to tell. She did say it felt good.

I hit 30 softies out of a machine...my feeling was it didn't give me as much endloaded pull as the rocketech, but definately felt some.

I think someone used to a light bat, like a -12, would need a few swings to get used to it. I would bet $10 the 33/22 is heavier on a scale then the 33/23 cf6.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I don't know... She can hit with a 30oz bat with no trouble...so hard to tell. She did say it felt good.

I hit 30 softies out of a machine...my feeling was it didn't give me as much endloaded pull as the rocketech, but definately felt some.

I think someone used to a light bat, like a -12, would need a few swings to get used to it. I would bet $10 the 33/22 is heavier on a scale then the 33/23 cf6.[/QUOTE]

I'd bet more than $10. IME, the regular (not insane) Demarinis run light and Andersons run heavy. Just received a 33" 2013 Rocketflex yesterday and its considered by Anderson to be a drop 10 (i.e., 23 oz). Put it on the scale and it was 24.7 oz, which is still less than the +2.5-3 oz of DD's 33" and 34" normal Rocketechs. Will have to wait until this weekend to see how the FRT and RT endloads compare and whether DD likes the feel better or worse.

FWIW, DD never liked the feel of the weight distribution of the Flexilla, which Anderson describes as "balanced". Anderson's reintroduction of the Proof at the Plate program was a very smart move IMO as these bats really need to be swung to be evaluated. With the Anderson FP line up now consisting of the Rocketech -9 , Rocketflex -10, Techzilla -10, Flexilla -11, Nanotek -10, Nanotek -12, and Ignite -11, there's now an Anderson that will fit anybody's swing.

Oct 3, 2011
DD outgrew her CF5 31 21. In the mean time I found her a 32 21 Anderson Pyrotech from the stone age which I can't pry away from her. Coming from a CF5, she swears the bat feels like a composite, sounds like one, and feels very light and balanced to her. I ended up getting her a 32 21 Flexzilla last week. It lasted about one at bat. Went right back to Pyroflex. She said it felt too heavy, and did not like the sound at all. I only tried this experiment based on proof at the plate program.

Needless to say CF6 32 21 is replacing Flexzilla.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
We sent the flex back too. It hit bombs on the sweet spot, but felt weird.
JMO, the cf6 swings REALLY light, I would go with the 32/22. To me, it feels as light as most 21oz bats.

Oct 3, 2011
I'm probably gonna get the 21, DD is 11 and weighs about 81 lbs. She is primarily a slapper but has become really good at swinging away as when teams see her, they usually bring the whole infield to about even with the pitcher. Its fun to see the look on coaches faces when she sends a shot to the outfield.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meeks