Anderson bats/new rockettech

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
Was able to get my dd a Rockettech bat to use over the weekend. All I have to say is that its a solid bat. Great pop right out of the wrapper, even though its aluminum. My dd had two solid hits over the weekend with it. One was a line drive deep to center. Coaches reactions was, "is that ball going to stop??" Seemed like it was going to keep going! HA

If you guys are in the market for one of these bats let me know.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Dd's RT is the hardest hitting bat in the arsenal, WHEN hit on the sweet spot.

What is this "let me know if you're in the market" business?

Feb 7, 2013
DD has an old 2012 RT, 30/21 signed by Crystl Bustos that I don't know what to do with. It might actually weigh more than DDs new 33/23 CF8. The RT are beasts.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
I tell EVERY one of my pitchers and catchers that if a kid is up to bat with a RT, understand that this kid is probably a really good hitter. It's not a common bat, and for me it is a red flag that tells me the kid (or parent/coach) knows something about hitting.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
My DD hasn't tried that one. You thinks its pretty good though? How much did you pay for it?

The RT is an end-loaded bat that is actually heavier than the weight listed. The weight listed on the bat is the "swing weight". If your DD is small or does not have good hitting mechanics, a RT will make things worse. Your DD has to have good mechanics to be able to hit well with it (see above post).

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
The 2014 Rocketech was $89 at Closeout Bats this past weekend. Seems like a great deal, though I've heard the 2014 is not one of the better vintages.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors